Daps
Dre
Quik

Jd
Puffy

:what:

No. :mjtf:

JD is copied Dr. Dre and Puff's styles left and right in the 90's

JD has never been "original" with his Hip Hop production.

Quik never made popular songs on the same level as Dr. Dre and Puffy.

Therefore, Dre and Puff are on the same level in terms of all of the artists and popular songs they've helped produced and been apart of producing.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
:what:

No. :mjtf:

JD is copied Dr. Dre and Puff's styles left and right in the 90's

JD has never been "original" with his Hip Hop production.

Quik never made popular songs on the same level as Dr. Dre and Puffy.

Therefore, Dre and Puff are on the same level in terms of all of the artists and popular songs they've helped produced and been apart of producing.
Puffy clout chasing trying to lump his name with Dre.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Puffy clout chasing trying to lump his name with Dre.

No he isn't

Puff has been apart of Uptown's success
He started his own label with Bad Boy Records

He's been apart of the success of Jodeci, Mary J, Craig Mac, Faith Evans, 112, Total, Biggie, Ma$e, The Lox, Black Rob, G Dep, etc etc etc

He had a whole production team that he was the head of and was apart of the song and album recording process when it came to recording.

Puff doesn't produced like the average Hip Hop, he's not working the drum machine, he's like a supervisor; he knows what sounds good and how to smooth out the edges when it comes to recording songs and albums

Puff produces like a Rock, Jazz, and R&B producer.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JD has production credits on the first Lil Kim album too. He also did the Total can’t you see remix with Keith Murray. I was almost certain he did a 112 track but after looking into it, the track he did for them was when they were on Def Jam so I guess we can’t count that

Lil Kim was affiliated, but not technically a Bad Boy artist. So JD really only was on like one album and a couple of remixes.

NegaDuck

"F*ck Duckberg ho!"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eastside of Duckton
The fairest way to do JD vs Puff is to do a battle of the remixes

letting them go head to head is easily Puff and I’m a JD fan… it’s just Puff has tracks he “Asahd Khaled executive produced” on that can rival all the JE, Usher and Mariah shyt

This right here!!

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
JD was touching the MPC and ASR like that? Digging for samples and messing with drum machines?

I always heard he was a producer the exact same way Puff was, actually.
How do you not know JD was in the studio putting in work??? He’s been doing that since he was 13. Cmon now. One guy shows up to the studio and puts his name on completed beats and the other has been putting it down since the MPC 60 was the standard.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Another person who doesn’t get the difference between a beat maker (who can also be a Producer) and a Producer

Quincy Jones didn’t touch ONE instrument on Thriller.
Quincy Jones is one of the GOAT Producers: he knows EXACTLY what should be there, how it should sound, how it should be arranged, what to say to the artist to get the best performance and everything else.

Diddy is a lot of things but he is ONE hell of a Producer.

JD can actually make sick beats AND produce hits.
Quincy actually arranged music and knows when things are out of key(including vocals) please don’t ever compare puff to Quincy again. Stop it. That nikka ain’t no producer , beat maker or whatever you want to call it. He’s a high profile mogul in a big position to make things happen and money talks. Me going in a studio with Jake One making a beat and saying, “change that piece right there” doesn’t make me a producer or co producer lol.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Puffy even make beats?

Or does he have his name on. All these records because of bullshyt contracts?

For instance LEGALLY Gene Griffin made all those Teddy Riley/GUY hits.....including My Prerogative...even though Teddy did the work and made the beat,coaching Bobby on how to do vocals,etc...Gene just had Teddy under a bulldhit contract.

Puffy isn't even competition for Dre.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I can't believe I scanned that nikka puff as a kid.

More I read the more I dislike dude....A snake..no different than those mobsters who muscled there way into the music industry and get credits because they either forced or tricked their way into getting young brehs to sign contracts.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ppl think Puff is a producer :russ:

Puff's ghost producers have ghost producers. JD may be a biter but at least he actually creates.

Ya'll don't be reading liner notes. Puff didn't have ghost producers. Puff does not have any tracks where he's solely credited as the producer. All of his credits have him as a co-producer or additional producer.

Jermaine Dupri didn't do it all by himself either. The difference between JD and Puff is that JD actually makes beats.