Differences between a role player, star, and superstar

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Role player - specializes at one or two things, and generally needs the table set for them on the offensive end, apart of a supporting cast to support stars & superstars

Star - Ability to advance the ball, setup the offense, facilitate, break their man down, score one on one, and consistent

Superstar - Ability to do everything a star player does at a high level

This is where I will lose some ppl:

Klay Thompson = role player
Dennis Rodman = role player

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Role player - specializes at one or two things, and generally needs the table set for them on the offensive end, apart of a supporting cast to support stars & superstars

Star - Ability to advance the ball, setup the offense, facilitate, break their man down, score one on one, and consistent

So Shaq wasnt a star or superstar ? :ohhh:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
:dwillhuh:why nikkas saying shaq like he didn’t have the offense run through him most of his career.
Setting up the offense and having it run through you are not the same. This is why most HOF centers needed great perimeter players to win. It's also why OP's premise is extremely flawed.

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Neither is Wilt Chamberlain or any other Hall of Fame center, apparently. :skip:

Did the offense run through these hall of fame centers, if so, they were stars or superstars...were they consistent? could they score one on one or did they need to be fed baskets?

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Setting up the offense and having it run through you are not the same. This is why most HOF centers needed great perimeter players to win. It's also why OP's premise is extremely flawed.

I gave criteria, I didn't say all had to be met, but some of them had to be met to be considered a star/superstar

Dennis Rodman wasn't a star or superstar

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

BuO4G0.gif