Disco Inferno (and Konnan) on ‘How marks have changed’

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
This is the first time in history where old people are actually right. AEW is wack. There's 50 high spots a match and they a go 20 minutes. Wtf, I can't help but notice shyt fake.

Here's the thing though. You're telling people not to do high spots, but the only way they can get over and make money is spamming high spots. So how the hell are you gonna go back to a realistic style?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
This is the first time in history where old people are actually right. AEW is wack. There's 50 high spots a match and they a go 20 minutes. Wtf, I can't help but notice shyt fake.

Here's the thing though. You're telling people not to do high spots, but the only way they can get over and make money is spamming high spots. So how the hell are you gonna go back to a realistic style?

It would take yeeeeears for this to happen. You remember why back when HHH said the WWE needed to scale back Hardcore style stuff so when you bring it back out, the fans would actually miss it? It’s basically the same thing (but the WWE went overboard having such a mediocre, soft safe style for like 6-7 years)

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So back in the old days, wrestlers used to show up to the arena drunk and do the bare minimum in the ring because “we got the marks $ now”. As fans, we are supposed to be want those days back?? Wrestlers practicing their match in the ring to ensure its quality is bad? That’s stupid.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
So back in the old days, wrestlers used to show up to the arena drunk and do the bare minimum in the ring because “we got the marks $ now”. As fans, we are supposed to be want those days back?? Wrestlers practicing their match in the ring to ensure its quality is bad? That’s stupid.

I think of it more as fans/viewers want the days back of legit engaging shows involving larger than life characters instead of dudes that could be the Kroger store manager. There’s a reason why wrestling doesn't appear to be “cool” now on a mainstream level, and a lot of it has to do with all aspects of the presentation, from the tempered crowds to the wrestlers themselves (the latter part in which I would fault booking more than the wrestlers themselves).

Another one of their points with all the high spots, I recently watched a match with two heavyweights featuring multiple super kicks, Frankensteiners, dives, and barely selling powerbombs, it was ridiculous :laff:

EDIT: I actually re-listened to this clip and literally none of that in the bold was even implied from Disco/Konnan lmaooooo

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
It would take yeeeeears for this to happen. You remember why back when HHH said the WWE needed to scale back Hardcore style stuff so when you bring it back out, the fans would actually miss it? It’s basically the same thing (but the WWE went overboard having such a mediocre, soft safe style for like 6-7 years)

You'd need the entire industry to take a dip and come back

I think of it more as fans/viewers want the days back of legit engaging shows involving larger than life characters instead of dudes that could be the Kroger store manager. There’s a reason why wrestling doesn't appear to be “cool” now on a mainstream level, and a lot of it has to do with all aspects of the presentation, from the tempered crowds to the wrestlers themselves (the latter part in which I would fault booking more than the wrestlers themselves).

Another one of their points with all the high spots, I recently watched a match with two heavyweights featuring multiple super kicks, Frankensteiners, dives, and barely selling powerbombs, it was ridiculous :laff:

That aew dark match with Kenny was awful. The fakest shyt I ever seen lol.

Geeks ruin everything, always exposing the worst part of an industry for money; and the uncreative geeks are the worst cause they always reach for the lowest hanging fruit. Youngcacs and their obsession with meta unironic irony, is at the top of my list for woat.

Geeksruined poker, standup comedy, and wrestling THE SAME EXACT WAY.

The #1 problem in wrestling is clear: ITS NOT COOL. Like at all. Geeks themselves don't want to be the king of geeks, that tells u all u need to know.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

EDIT: I actually re-listened to this clip and literally none of that in the bold was even implied from Disco/Konnan lmaooooo

The issue is who gets to decide what a larger than life character is? If Floyd Mayweather and Conor Mcgregor were 25 and showed up at the PC as their 150 lb, ultra charismatic selves, they’d be shown the door. Wrestling being exposed as fake, and the prevalence of UFC made simply looking like Hulk Hogan or Lex Luger not enough, as it would have 30 years ago.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
The issue is who gets to decide what a larger than life character is? If Floyd Mayweather and Conor Mcgregor were 25 and showed up at the PC as their 150 lb, ultra charismatic selves, they’d be shown the door. Wrestling being exposed as fake, and the prevalence of UFC made simply looking like Hulk Hogan or Lex Luger not enough, as it would have 30 years ago.

Come on, if Floyd showed up like he did when he wrestled Big Show, and if Conor McGregor showed up like he does after UFC fights, they would NOT be door at the PC, especially with the dearth of actually charismatic people in wrestling. It's not 100% how you look, it's how you're presented, and that's been the WWE's problem for more than a decade. They present people like losers. Our Universal champion has recently been seen looking like Becky's girlfriend, cowering in the corner as The Fiend flips a light switch on and off, and whining on twitter on a WWE-crusade.