Discussion Of The Day: Do You CONSIDER MA$E A Legend Or NAH?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
While he has legendary songs do you consider his albums legendary :patrice: To be honest he kept leaving for the church thing and returning, but he only put out three albums. Dude wan't really consistent like that. While Ma$e was cool I always liked Loon a bit better. So, what's yall take :jbhmm:

2014-soul-train-awards-25.png

Last edited:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
You kinda have to he's received alot of hate but his contributions are indelible.
We wouldn't have a Fabulous, also he was integral to the urban/Hip Hop boom of the late 90s(the financial height Apex in Rap history) for better or for worse.

He comfortably existed and traded bars with an the greatest emcee of all time. His swag level was already there before it was a thing. He was member of a super group consisting of Cam'ronand Big L.

Successful at the height of hard core/gangsta Rap. Even though he was on his pretty boy fly image /anti hard gangsta image before the Drakes and Kanye's, and J Cole.

He had is own record label and left at the height of his commercial success.
He was multi platinum selling solo artist.

Last edited:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
No. But he has a classic album, was big part of a legendary moment and label in hip hop.

Also highly influential too with that slow flow and pretty boy swag.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Now, with this album he's putting out later could he turn that around? Like, can he ever go from vet to legend?

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
If anything Cam would be more of a legend than him..

Without Puff...Mase really wouldn't have had a career

He had is own record label and left at the height of his commercial success.
Nicca got the fear of GOD scared into him and moved to ATL...dont try and rewrite history my nigg

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism

Nicca got the fear of GOD scared into him and moved to ATL...dont try and rewrite history my nigg
Ma$e ain't no real Christian. He's just doing that for the hustle :heh:

..............Cam is a legend that's why I didn't make a thread on him. Cam's legacy can't be questioned.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps

Regardless of the reason behind him leaving- hitting a personal spiritual low point (having sex with pregnant groupie- as told in his auto-biography ).

He still left the game at the height of his success it wasn't because his music was getting received poorly. He was selling a lot of units and was that dude at the time. That was my over all point.