Disney World visitors slam soaring concession prices: ‘I spent $500 on food and drinks for three days’

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
He's lying.... And that's exactly why this article is dumb and people are dumb... Cause you could ALWAYS bring your own food.. Took my son years ago and kept the cooler with ice in the car... Time to eat, I went to the car while the family found a place to eat (you can bring your food to the dining tables too) and we ate... Apparently my smart self saved $500 doing this. I could have brought steak in everyday and still not paid $500

"Guests are allowed to bring outside food and nonalcoholic beverage items into the park for self-consumption, provided they are not in glass containers and do not require heating, reheating, processing, refrigeration or temperature control and do not have pungent odors."

They full of shyt tho. All the disney food courts are generally cheap per the servings you get. A nice diner sized cheeseburger and fries for 8 bucks couod feed 2 people easy. Chicken strips, etc. and they usually got good stuff per the station and hotel.

You can easily feed a family of 4 for 50 bucks. And thats full meals; me snd my fam always split stuff and could pay 25 bucks no problem and leave satisfied. Only sit down restaurants with 30 dollar drinks are 500.

Now water. Thats a problem at disney. I always end up buying mad waters and spending a grip

Eating is part of the fun of disney. Take a hotel boat to a new spot, eat lunch there for a different food court. The grilled chick sandwhich at saratoga !!!!

I hate the polynesian food court tho.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
They full of shyt tho. All the disney food courts are generally cheap per the servings you get. A nice diner sized cheeseburger and fries for 8 bucks couod feed 2 people easy. Chicken strips, etc. and they usually got good stuff per the station and hotel.

You can easily feed a family of 4 for 50 bucks. And thats full meals; me snd my fam always split stuff and could pay 25 bucks no problem and leave satisfied. Only sit down restaurants with 30 dollar drinks are 500.

Now water. Thats a problem at disney. I always end up buying mad waters and spending a grip

Eating is part of the fun of disney. Take a hotel boat to a new spot, eat lunch there for a different food court. The grilled chick sandwhich at saratoga !!!!

I hate the polynesian food court tho.
Those poly meatballs with the sauce :ohlawd:

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
These idiot families still haven't figured the hustle yet?

:heh:

I've seen people and articles recommended the best time to go is during hurricane season to reduce wait times.

Fam if the only way to kinda enjoy a place is to go during fukking hurricane and monsoon season, then that right there should tell you that it ain't worth it.

:dahell:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Guardians of the galaxy cosmic rewind
And
flight of passage

And 'rock n roller coaster' also. It fits more so with a six flags ride.

Not to mention walking through pandora with the floating mountains alone shyts on six flags. Details matter.

Disney world isn't catered to thrill ride experiences. Its story telling and detail. It's its own little bubble within itself. You can literally go there for a week and not have any idea about what's going on in the outside world because there is so much to do between parks, hotels, restaurants, bars and shopping.

I go to six flags great adventure all the time, i love nitro front row, but its not even close. It's like comparing a putt putt golf course to Augusta national.

Great america slash six flags has always shyt on disney world.
Even to the point.
If you went to eighth grade Vaca.

To disney world.

It was never as fye.
as Great america.
plus it sure as hell.
was never more fye.
than Great america on the eight grade trip.
I went on both trips.

Not to mention...

For a kid.
Back then you never saw mickie nowhere.
Mickey was not available past maybe a short before fox and the hound. Or the theatre release of fantasia which was boring as fukk as a shawty. The worst. Bugs in the opera was funnier Incomparison
Yet i am a wisest kid from prodigious art background.
I was in chicago's natural art museum at thirteen and fourteen with multiple pieces. Before comics were respected.
I posted havoc from xmen mask in the museum. Plus all that urban art you see sprawled about.
I am one of the selected all city commercial graphic artist kids. who they assembled to do that shyt first.
So as a kid.

i had the whole young animation discovery zone behind the scenes animation tour.
yet mickey was out of sight out of mind daily.

Incomparison to :
Seven days a week tho.
you saw bugs.
Plus had access to all the loonie toones. So if your fav was speedy gonzales. You cpuld get speedy gonzales At six flags.
bugs was actually on tv, Consistently.

I got to go to Great america with it rented out.
every year for a while from fmc to Mickie d's as a shawty.
When pops was at corporate at mickey d's and moms was at fmc.
Great america alway shyt on disney.

Great america had better rides.
A way better arcade. Arguably the best you could ever go to. anywhere at one point in time.
Space mountain can not fukk with:

First.

You there with like fifteen families .... close to all the kids
who are your real day ones.
With no parents at like eight.
When you been there every year since four

Growing up and annually maturing.
given way more esponsibility with no cell phone like y'all.
Before water resistant watches .
yet you ride racing rapids.
Before david and bizzy bone and they snatched kids. Before milk cartons said you was missing.

The idea you could die on the edge.
Then you go ride the edge over and over again.
With no line.

The idea the rolling thunder could kill you.
Sohh,...

you rolling thunder over and over again.
Be on your best behavior or you cOuld Die. In a brawl.

While waiting to ride:

Superman : the flying coaster..
Batman
Demon
Eagle
Iron wolf : the smoothest roller coaster ride ever iko, standing up
shock wave : could give you cte. It was fye
whizzer : the first rollercoaster as a shawty.

These are the old rides .
Plus there twice a year or more annual memories.
in every part of the park.

i remember Carrying a can of coke for a discount.

Numerous times for years.

case in point
mom's just came back from disney and was like it was huff.
like two years ago too.

i have been to disney twice.

Disney is an attraction for like the smallest kids. Like only four to five.
where disney is a large cultural gateway for that Era.

Which for me was trash like black hole.

So I tried to make it better back then.

Story time segueway

yo baby yo baby yo shirts.
I used to design mickey shirts in track suits with Minnie in tennis skirts or Trac suits to get paid as a kid, in any color you wanted. Back then other
Yet and still being honest.

Disney just could not fukk with great america.

I wish it did.

I wish I could say it did.

It just did not.

Disney after drawing Mickey track suits.

Was the actual first let down.
Disney i saw other kids use as a flex as a shawty.
So I get it.
the idea and the nostalgia.
the trip.
Having a real pair of mickey mouse ears.
plus a goofie hat.
A real red and white mickey Disney world ringer.

I did that.

I just know. Great america was just way mo fye than disney.

Art Barr

TEKBEATZ

Banging Pads
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Saint Petersburg. FL
He's lying.... And that's exactly why this article is dumb and people are dumb... Cause you could ALWAYS bring your own food.. Took my son years ago and kept the cooler with ice in the car... Time to eat, I went to the car while the family found a place to eat (you can bring your food to the dining tables too) and we ate... Apparently my smart self saved $500 doing this. I could have brought steak in everyday and still not paid $500

"Guests are allowed to bring outside food and nonalcoholic beverage items into the park for self-consumption, provided they are not in glass containers and do not require heating, reheating, processing, refrigeration or temperature control and do not have pungent odors."

I have friends and family that works in Disney. But hey u the expert :manny:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
If they went there with multiple people, which I’m sure they did because it’s a family amusement park, it’s very plausible they spent $500 in three days.

The time I went to WDW, we had free park tickets because my ex worked there during college so they would send her tickets quarterly. She had enough for me her and her mother to go to the park for a few days. Also, they had a time share down there so eating at the park and spending money on that wasn’t necessary. We went grocery shopping and cooked at the spot

Plus, we went around they time of year, that first/second week in December.

No crowds at all. Didn’t have to wait more than 10 mins for any of the rides.

It was probably the best way to experience it. Any other way would have made me feel like it was no better than any other amusement park I had been to growing up.

Places like Play Land in Rye, NY pretty much became stomping grounds in my youth

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
I went a couple of years ago to Hollywood studios. the Disney part of the trip was pretty expensive. Hell I spent a couple hundred at the star wars bar/restaurant. I bet it's crazy now that inflation is bad.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is that shyt even fun? Sounds like my personal hell. I went once as a kid but have no memory.

I’d rather go abroad with my family to vacation.

Its fun to see the joy on your kids faces,and anytime you get to be a kid again. I was legitamately excited to see Mickey. He really is the Michael Jackson of fictional characters,and they build him up like a boss just for him to come out and wave:wow:

if you give everybody a 20 dollar limit you shouldnt have any problem. Unless you didnt eat before you came. Or if you are staying too long to get your full moneys worth. How much does your fat ass need to eat in a 4-5 hour window:mjlol: