DJ Daryl's interview with Coop D Vill from Siccness.net

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
Part One

Published on Feb 28, 2015
DJ Daryl was one of the originators of the group 415, producing their first album 41Fivin composed of artists Richie Rich and D-Loc, who brought us hits like “Sideshow, Snitches & B****es and Groupie A** B****”. Nu nikkaz On Tha Blokkk was the group’s second album (produced by DJ Daryl) released on Priority Records, peaked at #21 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart and #90 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip Hop chart. D-Loc was the main artist, while Richie Rich was serving time in jail.

DJ Daryl produced Tupac Shakur’s hit single, “Keep Ya Head Up” on album Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. which peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot Rap Singles chart, #7 on the Billboard R&B/Hip Hop chart and #12 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The song reached platinum status and appears on various albums and in films. He produced other songs for Tupac such as, “16 On Death Row, Let Them Thangs Go, Nothin But Love, and Black Starry Night (Interlude)” on R U Still Down? (Remember Me) and “Po nikka Blues” remixed by Scott Storch on album Loyal To The Game.

Part two

Part 2 - DJ Daryl discusses the influence the group 415 had on multi platinum artist Snoop Dogg and his 213 crew with Nate Dogg and Warren G. He also speaks on grooming the young J. Stalin before he became the household name that he is today to also working with Master P and No Limit records during their biggest moments as a record label and trendsetters.
==============================================
I would like to hear him on Combat jack.

Last edited:

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
Here is what he said in part:

Snoop and them formed 213 off the strength of 415 a group Daryl was producing for and Richie Rich was apart of. Snoop and his people thought they was Crips due to their album cover and bumped the album heavily. Snoop bit the cartoon cover and even a sample from the album for DoggyStyle that they used. He says that Warren, Snoop and Nate all individually confirmed they formed the group after hearing that album. Says Richie Rich was really gettin' it in the streets and was well paid. The group 415 had to replace him after he had to do a bid for half a key.

1294383206_1988-41fivin.jpg

He was producing an album for Pac called Troublesome 21 which later turned into Strictly For My nikkaz. He produced keep ya head up also. Says he did lots of tracks for Pac, has a couple of unreleased Pac tracks had more but two leaked. Says he has a lawsuit going because Sony bought a few Pac tracks for three Million but he didn't eat from the deal. Some of his tracks appeared on R U Still Down, 2Pacs greatest hits and other albums.

Says he gave Master P some tracks because he couldn't afforded to buy them except for one. Later went to Priority for a deal to sign his group. P wouldn't sign his group but wanted to sign him to be apart of Beats by the pizzound. Said he made him an offer he couldn't refuse and signed. Then got his group a deal. The group wasn't signed to NL but to him and Priority. They were given NL chains and the NL logo was on their album for marketing purposes though. They sold 250,000 copies the first week and another 250,000 the second week. He says that P then went behind his back and hollered at the group. Daryl warned them not to take things from him because they would have to recoup it. They aint listen and fell for the okie doke. LOL The next album drops, flops and then P wouldn't even accept their calls no more. They were stuck with cars and houses that they couldn't hold down.

He said more but I don't feel like typing it up.