DJI Inspire 2 drone shot out of the sky in Ohio

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
What would you do if your neighbor decided to shoot your $3,500 drone down?

DJI-Inspire-2-drone-shot-out-of-the-air-in-Ohio.jpg

https://dronedj.com/2018/09/07/dji-inspire-2-drone-shot-ohio/

According to a post from Rick G. on Facebook, his DJI Inspire 2 was shot out of the air by an angry neighbor in Ohio last night. The drone crashed down to earth from about 168 feet high. The aircraft, as you can see in the photo was heavily damaged as a result. The pilot has a pretty good idea who had shot down the drone. He went to the house and finally got his Inspire 2 back after the neighbor first denied shooting it down. The drone pilot then turned to Facebook for advice.

Here’s what the drone pilot had to say about yesterday’s incident:

“So this happened tonight SHOT out of the sky while documenting a bridge construction in my neighborhood made a police report but they’re not sure where to go with it turning it over to prosecutor tomorrow what can I expect?”

According to the posts on the social media network, the drone operator checked his flight log and went over to the house that was close by to where his flight had abruptly ended. Apparently, the neighbor first denied having short down the drone, but then changed his story, admitted to having it shot down and returned the Inspire 2 to the owner. The drone pilot said the following about how this went down:

“Looked at flight log knocked on door after a couple lies that i called him on he confessed gave it back and apologized”

According to the drone pilot, the angry neighbor offered the following explanation for having shot down the aircraft:

“He didn’t like it and thought he had the right over his property and he gave me some bullshyt story about his wife being outside sunbathing Naked it was late evening And I would not be spying on her I’ll just leave it at that”

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
can't do shyt if it was over his house... it was in his property

the question will be, where exactly was it when it was shot down
Depends on the laws of his locality.
Unless he was off in some country area, if he was within city limits, it's illegal to discharge a weapon.
The drone pilot may have been flying illegally as well "it was late evening And I would not be spying on her I’ll just leave it at that"
The pilot claims he was flying for commercial purposes, if he had the proper permissions I'm not sure why he wouldn't be getting any help.
As for it being over the person's house, this also depends on the laws in their locality.
Here in Virginia Beach, they only recently passed a law that if you pilot a drone over a person's house, and the property owner asks you to move it and you don't, it is considered a misdemeanor offense. This is due to privacy issues and not due to any implication that a property owner owns the airspace above their house, which simply isn't true.
If that were the case people could shoot at all manner of aircraft over their house. There are too many factors that aren't detailed in the OP to really go into whether or not it was 100% legal to shoot a drone down. My guess is no, mainly because in most places it isn't legal to discharge a weapon for the reason of shooting at a drone.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Depends on the laws of his locality.
Unless he was off in some country area, if he was within city limits, it's illegal to discharge a weapon.
The drone pilot may have been flying illegally as well "it was late evening And I would not be spying on her I’ll just leave it at that"
The pilot claims he was flying for commercial purposes, if he had the proper permissions I'm not sure why he wouldn't be getting any help.
As for it being over the person's house, this also depends on the laws in their locality.
Here in Virginia Beach, they only recently passed a law that if you pilot a drone over a person's house, and the property owner asks you to move it and you don't, it is considered a misdemeanor offense. This is due to privacy issues and not due to any implication that a property owner owns the airspace above their house, which simply isn't true.
If that were the case people could shoot at all manner of aircraft over their house. There are too many factors that aren't detailed in the OP to really go into whether or not it was 100% legal to shoot a drone down. My guess is no, mainly because in most places it isn't legal to discharge a weapon for the reason of shooting at a drone.
Also being over your house has shyt to do with shyt u less he is however a few feet above... If dude was 168 feet above...he could be over any houses and still see ur crib...

It's probably some nuts who taught the government was watching him.

llt23

All Star
Daps
If it really was 168 FT in the air how could someone shoot it down? Regular joes have aim like that? Prob was being a creep and spying on people.

llt23

All Star
Daps
it was late evening And I would not be spying on her I’ll just leave it at that”

This language implies he knows what the dudes wife looks like. I wonder how he knew that :leostare:

Sniper Rifles breh...:manny:

Its a flying plane. Only easy way to shoot is if it was hovering. And why would it be hovering over his crib?

If that shyt was moving and he sniped it then he must have had a spotter and accurate wind data :skip:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Its a flying plane. Only easy way to shoot is if it was hovering. And why would it be hovering over his crib?

If that shyt was moving and he sniped it then he must have had a spotter and accurate wind data :skip:

It probably was hovering observing the bridge...:ld: it still got shot down... :mjlol::lolbron:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
it was late evening And I would not be spying on her I’ll just leave it at that”

This language implies he knows what the dudes wife looks like. I wonder how he knew that :leostare:

It implies she looks like ass...

llt23

All Star
Daps
It implies she looks like ass...

Thats the point though. Why does he even know what a random guys wife looks like?

Drone users arent to be trusted. Who actually gives a shyt about watching overnight construction?

llt23

All Star
Daps
168ft isn't that far.

168 feet is a little over 50 meters, which is one of Olympic shooting ranges. And those dudes arent always hitting the mark perfectly either.

Further context....a Basketball court is 94 feet. So you're telling me you are shooting directly up above your crib one and a half basketball court lengths?