DMX Is Underrated When It Comes To Storytelling.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps

I always mention the Dog GOATmanX when it comes to story telling. I'm convinced nikkas don't really listen to him because the first thing they say is "all he does is bark and yell"

this is the joint OP should've posted.

I dare anyone to find a storytelling song as crazy as ATF before ATF came out. One of the most mindblowing experiences I've ever had in hip hop. The sound effects editing alone should get some kinda hip hop award.

What you want me to do!? (BEEP CARLOS!!) [sound effect of phone numbers being punched in] :damn:

DROP IT ON THE FLOOR!
[tick i tick!] BOOM! Got it through the door :damn:

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels

I dare anyone to find a storytelling song as crazy as ATF before ATF came out. One of the most mindblowing experiences I've ever had in hip hop. The sound editing alone should get some kinda hip hop award.

:mjlol: I really was gonna post that among other things, but I didn't wanna be one of them nikkas that kill a thread by posting every example in the OP.

Yeah, but ATF is tough tho. You can feel the intensity on the track. shyt sped up my heartbeat the first time I heard it. Then I played it back 5 times in a row. :wow:

ATF is easily a top 10 story telling track in hip hop.

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:mjlol: I really was gonna post that among other things, but I didn't wanna be one of them nikkas that kill a thread by posting every example in the OP.

Yeah, but ATF is tough tho. You can feel the intensity on the track. shyt sped up my heartbeat the first time I heard it. Then I played it back 5 times in a row. :wow:

ATF is easily a top 10 story telling track in hip hop.

Yeah I hate clicking on a thread and seeing that the OP posted 100 songs off the bat

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens

I dare anyone to find a storytelling song as crazy as ATF before ATF came out. One of the most mindblowing experiences I've ever had in hip hop. The sound effects editing alone should get some kinda hip hop award.

What you want me to do!? (BEEP CARLOS!!) [sound effect of phone numbers being punched in] :damn:

DROP IT ON THE FLOOR!
[tick i tick!] BOOM! Got it through the door :damn:

shyt feels like a movie on wax.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
nikkas always talking bout Big, Jay, Cube Nas, Slick Rick etc... when it comes to storytelling, but DMX name is never if not rarely mentioned.

How can you hear something like this and not acknowledge his skills.:whew:

He gives you a set up, place, time multiple characters, comedy and an ending. :salute:

I knew you were gonna post this song.