Do any of you brehs/brehettes regret buying a condo/townhome

Would you buy a condo/townhouse in 2021

• Total voters

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
Idk if this is the right section of the coli but any condo/townhome owners on the coli?

I've been researching this for a while now plan on making a move in about 3-6 months and I wanted the coli's opinion cuz sometimes yall keep it real. :lupe:

Live in ATL area. Been renting out a room for cheap out of my brother's townhome he invested in for the last few years to save and work on my career. Problem is im 28 and sick of living with roommates. :noah:these nikkas are dirty af and i like having my own space.

I thought about renting an apartment but the rent is damn near 1200+/mo for a decent spot. I been finding places with mortgages less than that. I know the market is crazy but aint no telling if this shyt is going to just keep going up and price me out.

I dont want a single family home because i dont really need all that space as a single breh with no kids and dont want to deal with the maintenance right now.

tldr: Was a condo or townhouse a good purchase for you or do you regret it?

edit: I can afford 1200+ in rent/mortgage but not sure which is the best move

Last edited:

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
The presence of an HOA was enough for me to pass on a townhome/condo.
Yeah that's whats making me not want a condo. I keep hearing about these special assessments. And I wont be able to rent it out when im ready to upgrade.

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
My first crib was a townhome and I didn’t regret buying it. I eventually did buy a house out in the burbs but when my tenants lease is up, I’m moving back into the townhouse and I will probably put my house on the market.

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
I'm personally looking into getting a townhouse. Don't care to do yard work and all the odds and ends of maintaining a house. :yeshrug:

Interested in reading the replys.
Yeah u sound like me. I'm leaning towards townhouse too. I can get a nice one in a good area in metro atl for the price I'm looking for and don't care to do maintenance

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
To answer your question yes.

Almost bought a townhouse last year in the Atlanta area. Get you a realtor that knows the area/market and what to look for with a townhouse or condo. Do they pay for certain maintenance? What's the HOA like, etc etc

I wanted a yard, decent size driveway and a newer subdivision so we ended up with a single family home. Yeah we have an HOA and I'm all for it. Everybody is all about keeping the neighborhood nice and values up. If we sold today we'd profit 6 figures

But based on what you're saying I don't think your bread is there yet. True, mortgages are cheaper than rent but in this market buyers are coming in and paying $20k+ CASH over asking price. Stack ya paper until this market gets back to normal

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I'd do a condo ONLY if it was beachfront. It's the only qualifier that would make me justify all the good reasons in this thread already to not buy a condo...HOA fees, shared walls, etc.

Actually i guess if you travel alot for your job and can't be home to be bothered with yardwork and things of that nature a condo/townhome situation works there too. Otherwise i'd always want some acres with a home purchase.