Do Any Of You Like The Impact Grand Championship Idea? (Unique For American Wrestling)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I know they do that type of wrestling in Europe with the rounds and etc. This is a great idea with rounds and judges. Hopefully, it will stick for a long time. Also, I had a debate about this with a dude on Facebook.

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What it is?

Is it like world triple x cup they used to do?
They won't announce it until next week's Impact, I don't know why this nikka in here dropping spoilers :francis:

Basically the Legends/TV/Heritage/KOTM title is now the Impact Grand Championship :russ:

They wrestle in rounds with judges like an MMA fight

Spaceboy will probably explain it in more detail on the show

mr x

Superstar
Daps
A fan of them making the matches play out more legitmately(so does this eliminate intererence plots?)

However, the climatic end of the 1,2,3, will be missed.

One of them flair vs steamboat fights was like this.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
They won't announce it until next week's Impact, I don't know why this nikka in here dropping spoilers :francis:

Basically the Legends/TV/Heritage/KOTM title is now the Impact Grand Championship :russ:

I wiki'd it it's a completely different belt. Like they got rid of Booker t's belt

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism

Spoilers? It was all over my newsfeed. I don't even watch wrestling like that. However, dropping spoilers if when I told you who won. All I did was discuss the belt and new rules.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I like the idea of doing something new.
That said I hate the idea of rounds in pro-wrestling. Its fukking wrestling, not MMA, and since we know its pre-determined, the idea of scoring has no fukking weight at all to me.
Glad they are retiring Kotm/legend/tv title and getting something than can be competed on more during the show, so there are fewer HW title changes.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
That said I hate the idea of rounds in pro-wrestling. Its fukking wrestling, not MMA, and since we know its pre-determined, the idea of scoring has no fukking weight at all to me.
Glad they are retiring Kotm/legend/tv title and getting something than can be competed on more during the show, so there are fewer HW title changes.
Yea I got to agree, I am ok with being one round that is timed, though but scoring I can't see

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Rounds in pro wrestling is old school. Most matches will end before judging anyway.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I still love this idea though. We need old school and new school mixed in. Also, I hope more promotions do it (including the indies).
ROH had a fantastic twist on this with the Pure Title (then got rid of it when they didn't have enough guys who could work the style). It's about time someone created a truly stylistically different belt. It opens up all sorts of possibilities for booking, including potentially two people on your roster who can claim to be the best and making an angle out of it (like ROH did to perfection).

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Rounds in pro wrestling is old school. Most matches will end before judging anyway.
Well thats the reason most territories got rid of them in the first place, its a needless convention.
I just don't think in a post-kayfabe era, rounds, scoring, or hypber technical pro wrestling is needed. Seems more like a mark type shyt, than something people want.

Seems far better to me to fix their cruiserweight division, maybe call it light heavy, than to have a seperate "style" title.

Just my opinion though.