Do black men who speak english think like whites?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
In a word Yes

You can't even think thoughts before you know the words

I knew a guy who never knew what a clitorus was. How could he lick the clit or pay it any attention until he knew what it was and what it does

The fastest route to this info is someone else telling you the info... with words.

I only know English so I feel I am vulnerable in this way, but I understand the nature of words themselves and I attempt to mitigate the ill effects of being trapped inside a world of words

Cause they are imaginary. So the word "Blood" doesn't mean anything inherently. There are likely thousands of words for it in other languages. But some people would die and kill over the word "Blood"

Or Niqqer

Or Mother

But anyway

You can't even understand certain shades of meaning before you know the words

Tender is different from gentle

Differs from soft

Differs from careful

But if "soft" is the only word you know then you can't even speak of the different shades of meaning

Foreign languages have words that do not translate to English at all

So those are thoughts you can't think until you know the words

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
What I find funny bout this is I'm half Latino and I've had some black people look at me like I'm less black than them because both their parents speak English when Spain is the closest European country to Africa while England is one of the whitest places on Earth. But somehow both your parents speaking English make u blacker than me :heh:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Actually a good question. But brehs taking your topic lightley. Language shapes your thinking. A lot of racial idioms in the english language .
This is very true and it got me to thinking about one of my good friends

He's Chinese, and at his old apartment the number you had to press to be buzzed in was 74

He had to get it changed because in Chinese numerology, the numbers 7 and 4 roughly translate to "imminent death" :mjlol: