Do Olympic sprinters lift weights?

Curufinwe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Brussel
yes because sprinting is about power is energy/time.
So you need to lift weight to gain the power/weight to increase your energy.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They put less stress on your lower back and focus more on quads vs back squats. Any decent leg routine should incorporate both

i already knew about front squats focusing on quads more but doesn't doing both front and back on the same day take alot of energy out of someone?

like going in your max with the regular back squat and then maxing with the front

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i already knew about front squats focusing on quads more but doesn't doing both front and back on the same day take alot of energy out of someone?

like going in your max with the regular back squat and then maxing with the front

Yea if your maxing out but why would you be maxing out outside of powerlifting or ego lifting? If you’re trying to build muscle then nothing wrong with doing both. You gotta figure out what you’re tryin to accomplish first then do what’s applicable

My leg day I start with a warm up then
4 sets of front squats
4 sets of back squats
3 sets of stiff leg deads
5 sets of leg extensions
5 leg curls and
finish off with leg press the calves.

All with moderate weight for me for about 6-12 reps a set. Twice a week, one day on the heavier side the next leg day on the lighter side of that range

I have a bad bad (sciatica) from Work and I actually feel much better after leg days

But like any of the liftin routine, perfect form and lifting within your means is key

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yea if your maxing out but why would you be maxing out outside of powerlifting or ego lifting? If you’re trying to build muscle then nothing wrong with doing both. You gotta figure out what you’re tryin to accomplish first then do what’s applicable

My leg day I start with a warm up then
4 sets of front squats
4 sets of back squats
3 sets of stiff leg deads
5 sets of leg extensions
5 leg curls and
finish off with leg press the calves.

All with moderate weight for me for about 6-12 reps a set. Twice a week, one day on the heavier side the next leg day on the lighter side of that range

I have a bad bad (sciatica) from Work and I actually feel much better after leg days

But like any of the liftin routine, perfect form and lifting within your means is key

I realized i have a bad habit of using "maxing out " the wrong way. I don't mean the way the white boys use it to talk about lifting for one rep on bench press like they wanna die. I mean the regular 4 to 6 reps. My bad for the confusion

But i guess you right. The second i doubt being able to do it i'm gonna have problems. Ill focus on the front and back squats, deadlifts, military press, barbell row,etc.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I realized i have a bad habit of using "maxing out " the wrong way. I don't mean the way the white boys use it to talk about lifting for one rep on bench press like they wanna die. I mean the regular 4 to 6 reps. My bad for the confusion

But i guess you right. The second i doubt being able to do it i'm gonna have problems. Ill focus on the front and back squats, deadlifts, military press, barbell row,etc.
Depends on how you approach 4-6 reps. If those are truly top end of our power then more than anything you don’t want to program yourself to a point on frying your CNS.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
My original goal was to get NFL linebacker jacked, but I've ultimately accepted that I'll never be able to eat enough to bulk up to that level :yeshrug:

Then I saw short distance (100m-400m) sprinters :gladbron: They're the perfect combo of being shredded/jacked while still being able to look regular in clothes

Even Kim Collins (St Kitts sprinter, 9.91 100m) says he has never lifted weights and looks ill:gladbron:

Is there some sort of 3 day split track workout plan available?:patrice:
They look ready for NFL combine.
Pretty sure they on the juice.

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
Sprinters have the GOAT builds lowkey. Highly suggest sprint intervals on a machine whether you’re trying to lose weight or bulk (once a week).

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Keep in mind how many Olympic sprinters have been popped for steroids before you start thinking you can just follow their routines and get the exact same results

Having said that, I definitely know of a lot that lift and when I ran track back in the day we def had gym days after practice.

Also sprint training tends to be real anaerobic with all the intervals, so that helps explain the physiques a little as well. A bunch of hard short sprints over and over for years can put some muscle on your lower body almost as much as leg days might.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
sprinting unleashes your fast twitch muscle fibers which are bigger than slow twitch muscle fibers

it also unleashes growth hormone and a bunch of other good shyt

that's why they can look so big and be under 200 pounds.

Also EPOC is a huge benefit of sprinting. Your body has to burn calories getting oxygen back inside your muscles this EPOC effect can last

24 to 48 hours after sprinting.

No matter what your fitness goal is you should be sprinting.

As for weight training, yeah, but it's a lot of compound movements, snatches for instance.

Sprinting uses your entire musculoskeletal system at once so it makes sense for your lifting to mimic that.

Kim Collins didn't start lifting until he was 32 and posted a PB 9.91 in the 100 at age 40.

Sprinting keeps you young.