Do parents have a "favorite" child?

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
I suspect I am being the first and she uses my birthday for all her passwords even tho she treats my lil brother like a baby

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
My uncle once said in front of my extremely emotional brother and sister that my mom once said I was.

She was ready to fight him over that bullshyt. I believe my mother doesn't favor any of us. My only experience is through observation of other people.

Over time I think over time and when they become adults and their personalities are a bit more fleshed out the a$$hole kids just become the a$$holes.

There are some bad parents who without much reason favor one kid.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I am an only child and I feel that it's bad and flawed parenting to favor a child over another or the others. It's inexcusable unless that less favored child killed or hurt someone or did something really egregious. Parents sometimes (mine definitely) apply high pressure parenting and that doesn't work on some kids and can mess them up or scar them some way.

I do feel it's best to have more than one child if u can. That's because one child may provide something that the other child can't. Sometimes some with one child expect them to be perfect and provide everything.

Mr Bubbles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
My mom definitely likes my sister way more. She doesn't dislike me or anything but they connect easily and talk all the time. My grandparents like/liked me more than my sister or cousins. Grandmother told me that I was her favorite once. Grandfather always took me everywhere, bought me practically anything and complains about my sister when we talk.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
neither of my children is my favorite.
theres different things that i like more about each of them.
if you ask either of them they would each say the other though
:mjlol:

Gospel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
6 Mile
I don't think my dad has a favorite, he was mean as shyt to all of us.

I'm pretty sure I along with my second older sister am/was my mom's least favorite though (we're 3 and 2 out of 4 respectively).

Felt it at a young age.

:yeshrug:Never gave a shyt though.

Vice Queen

The First Lady of T$C
Supporter
Daps
Out of four of us, my older sister is my dad's favorite. Their birthdays are a week apart. He let's her say whatever to him.

Consolation, I'm my grandfather's favorite grandchild because I'm a genius. :yeshrug:

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I have a half brother who is 14 right now, even when he was a child, everybody loved him. Very honest, fair, smart, mature etc

My dad will literally go out of his way to make sure he gets what he wants.

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
Im the favorite grandchild from my grandma...

My older sister is the favorite child though. I don't trip about it cause I know shes the first born and shes been through alot of pain and suffering I love my sister and would do anything for her.

InDePickWest

Im Not American
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm the only girl after 7 boys. They were gonna keep trying till they got me.

Yes, I'm the favorite and it's made me the narcissistic, self imploding, meddling person I am today.

I remember sneaking into my brothers room in the middle of the night and taking his bike. Never forget the rush of cold air on my face when I opened the front door and went joy riding. When I got back..my brother was sitting on the couch with tears in his eyes..I look up and see my dad with a belt in his hand..he ran to me and said "THANK GOD YOU'RE OK"

:francis:
Bro got his bike taken cuz I took it out his room and 'almost risked my life.'
:russ:

Joyride was fun tho :sas2:

I'm not even gonna act like I don't know why most of my brothers hate to even deal with me till this day
:obama:

edit: That one time I snuck to the top of the fridge and ate all the powdered donuts. Dad lined up everybody getting a whooping and I was in the bed with my momma with a donut clenched in my hand, powder all over my pajamas and a
(:whew:) on my little face

Damn my childhood was lit :deadrose:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
My sister is the favorite, med student, compassionate and caused my mom the least amount of stress. My lil breh and already know this :yeshrug:

I'm firstborn but I ain't shyt, indifferent and boring most interesting thing about me is that I'm a shut in coli poster. Got my mom thinking I'm lowkey masisi :dead: