Do y’all actually like Hip Hop?

Do you like hip hop

• Total voters

KingZaire_

Superstar
Daps
It seems like nobody on here actually likes hip hop and I know this board skews older but some of the takes on here about current hip hop are so bad that it makes me question if y’all haven’t listened to music in 25 years:jbhmm: if you looked here you’d think you’re in 1998 instead of 2021 and hip hop is dead when’s it’s never been as versatile and big as it is today.

So do y’all like hip hop?

Daps
First off I think a lot of people should know that RAP & HIP HOP are two different things

Hip hop pertains to the root of how this started where people still enjoy bars,punchlines,double entendres,technical lyricism, poetic lyricism

Rap is a sub genre of hip hop which is basically the “commercial” “pop” version of hip hop where you can say anything on a song and as long as it makes money And catchy its whatever

RAP genre has evolved in many ways but when it comes to saying something in a song it is at an al time low especially with today’s mumble rap,unoriginal biting and straight laziness.

I’m in my early 20s so don’t think I’m an old head :lolbron:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It seems like nobody on here actually likes hip hop and I know this board skews older but some of the takes on here about current hip hop are so bad that it makes me question if y’all haven’t listened to music in 25 years:jbhmm: if you looked here you’d think you’re in 1998 instead of 2021 and hip hop is dead when’s it’s never been as versatile and big as it is today.

So do y’all like hip hop?
early 90's beg to differ. and the criticisms are about the mainstream.

but you can love hip hop while not liking the supposedly top acts of a certain era. i don't know listeners of any genre who love everything and every artist just because they make music labeled with that genre.

detroit devil 3

All Star
Daps
I answered no, bc I don’t “like” hip hop, I fukking love this shyt, way to attack the actual fans and not the casuals dictating radio/top streams and ruining the game

having a love and passion for anything also makes you a hard ass critic, hence thecoli.com

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I answered no, bc I don’t “like” hip hop, I fukking love this shyt, way to attack the actual fans and not the casuals dictating radio/top streams and ruining the game

having a love and passion for anything also makes you a hard ass critic, hence thecoli.com

Bro the hip hop jams my fam used to throw were some of the best times of my life... beautiful women from all over the world, nonstop hip hop, bboys and bgirls, MCs, DJs, and graf writers just there for the love of it. Miss them days b

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
If you're a fan of the current hip hop scene. Help those of us who don't rock with it learn about who we need to be checking for
  1. Who are the best lyricists in this generation
  2. Who has the best flow/delivery
  3. Who are the best pure spitters
  4. Who are the best producers
  5. Who is the best live performer
  6. Who has the best catalog
  7. Who is the most creative/has the best concepts
  8. Who has the best videos/visuals
  9. Who has the best content/message
  10. Who is the best group

Put the old heads on some new music