Do you think Africa needs to go through a period of war/annexation/assimilation?

Marauder

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically l look at every other continent and the borders of their nations have been shaped by war, movement of people, assimilation(forced or otherwise), geography, etc...

The institutions in Africa are weak because it hasn't gone through this phase. I believe colonialism really hurt Africa not just in economy and mentally but also in the natural formation of nation states.

How would going through this phase help Africa?

Africa is the most diverse continent on earth. This is a bad thing. We all know that united a people are stronger and is able to speak with one voice. Having a smaller number of large ethnic groups will make Africa stronger than having many small groups.

If borders were formed by geography and war then the people and its leaders would have more stake in the land and its development because of the blood and treasure spilled for it. They would instill this mentality into the next generation and so on.

I believe the reason why Africa isn't going through this phase today is because of fear of foreign military intervention. I think, for instance, if Nigeria tried to annex a neighbor country the US would react angrily and respond militarily. Western powers don't respect Africans to sort out their own politics.

If an African nations tried to assimilate by force smaller ethnic groups in their country to better unify the country again Western forces would intervene.

If peace, stability, and development are to truly happen in Africa, Africans need to be allowed to shape themselves, even if that means war, annexation, and assimilation(by force or otherwise). It would get worse before it gets better, but when it gets better it will truly be better.