Does anybody actually write cover letters when applying for jobs???

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I know when I see the option for cover letter in job applications I give the :stopitslime: face

Who the hell has time to write a cover letter for each and every job they applying for when more times than not you not liable to get a response back :martin:

If it aint zip recruiter or linkedin where i can use my existing resume for 1 click or minimal effort then :camby:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
No I see a cover letter I'm not applying unless it's a really really good job opportunity.

Doesn't happen very often especially when the bigger companies I apply to don't require one. You look foolish to me then.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
If they have a section on their online application I’ll do something simple for it. I’ll pretty much take what seems to be important in the job description and put it in bullet points in my cover letter as well as my resume.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:francis:It really depends on the magnitude of the job. If it's a rinky dinky ass job from Kelly's Services...hell no I would not put in the effort. However, if its a legit job, it is essential as all hell to have a cover letter.

When I used to help out clients, I stressed so much about folks putting in a cover letter just to put their toe in the door. I would suggest like a brief summary and a bit of sincerity to get a recruiter to recognize your potential. However, don't go overboard with pleading as it looks desperate as fukk. Just a simple introduction with a summary to narrow down the resume to a easy to read context, followed by a resume that is built to perfection.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t do anything that I feel is silly. Ain’t no job gonna consider u cause u had a bombass cover letter. It’s another reason I never wear suits to interviews. First I feel silly. Second, in IT if u know ur sh1t even racist managers will want to hire u.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
I stopped doing it due in part my experience is somewhat specialized now. If you can't read my resume and get my skillset and how it applies to directly to the open position then what can I say. My duties in my past roles are pretty much the same in every company.