Does Kendrick have more classics than Nas?

King Musa

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
1 definite classic? It was written is arguably better than Illmatic imo. definitely Classic.....

Nas-it-was-written-music-album.jpg

Kendrick fan but, Illmatic and It was Written shyts on Kendrick's discography so far.

Last edited:

King Musa

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
And I know this would hurt to admit but, as much as I like Section.80.....It shouldn't be considered a classic....This new album shouldn't either (at least not yet). Ya'll make things hard for Kendrick when you constantly inflate him. GKMC can be considered a classic....And TPAB arguably is, and that's about it....

UU
Section 80
DAMN

Aren't classics.....

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Kenny got 3 maybe even 4 arguable classics
Nas has 1 definite and 1 or two arguables

Similar skillset with storytelling and all
Nas got him bar for bar
Kendrick got him on delivery and definitely on beats

tenor.gif

I'll keep it simple. Nas is vastly superior (not just superior, but vastly superior) to Kendrick in every single way. Let me repeat: every single way. Any metric you can judge a rapper by, even the most random one, Nas is superior to Kendrick tenfold.

If you can't see this obvious fact, you're not a hip hop fan. You should come back to us when you actually appreciate the genre, instead of dikkriding one or two artists because they're closer to your pop tastes. :salute:

Golden Child

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
And I know this would hurt to admit but, as much as I like Section.80.....It shouldn't be considered a classic....This new album shouldn't either (at least not yet). Ya'll make things hard for Kendrick when you constantly inflate him. GKMC can be considered a classic....And TPAB arguably is, and that's about it....

UU
Section 80
DAMN

Aren't classics.....
Section.80 was the beginning of Kendrick's prime. I played that album every single day for probably a month straight. I thought that was best album released in long ass time.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1 definite classic? It was written is arguably better than Illmatic imo. definitely Classic.....

Nas-it-was-written-music-album.jpg

And many consider Stillmatic to be classic too....

Nas-stillmatic-music-album.jpg

I'm a Kendrick fan but, this ain't a fight you want....:whoa:

Still adds up to 3 total in the conversation

Kendrick got at least 3 in the conversation too

Yall trying so hard to disqualify the conversation before it even starts. :jbhmm: Are you scared it might be valid?

Kendrick followed up a commonly deemed classic with the highest rated rap album of all time and broke streaming records with DAMN. Kendrick created moments in the culture with the control verse, GKMC rollout, The Heart Part 4 disses, BET cypher, grammy performance etc

Has Nas ever had that type of reception? Acclaim maybe.

Discuss