Dominican Republic "official" thread

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
I live in canada.. we have comunities here...

I live in the US... we have communities here...

The person in the comments section said that the Bahamas has a population 350,000 but 60,000 to 80,000 undocumented Haitians. Which would be 20% of the country if true. Canada only has 140,000 Haitians which is a trickle. But you would know that since there aren't many blacks in Canada so there was no reason to even mention it.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I live in the US... we have communities here...

The person in the comments section said that the Bahamas has a population 350,000 but 60,000 to 80,000 undocumented Haitians. Which would be 20% of the country if true. Canada only has 140,000 Haitians which is a trickle. But you would know that since there aren't many blacks in Canada so there was no reason to even mention it.

Same thing in my home country. You don't know the illegal Dominicans until they start speaking spanish

Gains

Superstar
Daps
:mjcry:fukked up

a little history for you
tiyKD20.png

5ZqJnYy.png

ironically his grandmother was Hatian

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
fukked up decision to make, but asking a 3rd world country like DR to allow hundreds of thousands of illegal haitians in is like asking somebody with a studio apartment with no gas, heat, water or electricity to take in a bunch of relatives from out of town permanently.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
A similar problem is happening on French overseas soil with the Mayotte / The Comoros situation.

Mayotte is a "french" territory though it is part of the Comoro Islands. It is considered a wealthy country regarding the whole economy of the Comoro Islands which is pretty poor. Because of that there is a massive "illegal" immigration from The Comoros who seek french citizenship (and the benefits of it logically) by having kids on the Mayotte territory. It is both a case of life and death and cynicism because migrants from the Comoros really only seek to have a kid born on Mayotte (a part of those women are already pregnant when they come to Mayotte) soil so the kid can be French and have an education, a proper health system and mostly a better future. Mayotte people argue that this uncontrolled immigration is making crime rise and breaking the health system and making education harder for their kids because there are two many pupils then.

This is the reason there have been rallies and demonstrations in the last couple of years from Mayotte people to revoke the birth-right citizenship because of that.
It is said that Mayotte has like :
- 200K inhabitants
- 60K of them are from the Comorros (30%)
- 80% of the Comoros migrants are supposedly illegals which makes it 50K, aka 25% of Mayotte.

The birth-right citizenship which is a basic law in democratic countries and therefore in France can't be realistically overturned there because Mayotte is part of France. But it is true that the balance on those little islands welcoming illegals is greatly broken by those huge influx and inhabitants there voiced their discontent often (which seems to be the same with Dominicans and Bahamans).

Mayotte has a complex history (which I don't know the details of) because there are different ethnicities that lives in different Islands (it's always complex wherever this happens) but I don't know the specifics unfortunately. But when decolonization came in the 60s, Mayotte chose to remain French while other islands chose independence : the Comoros wanted Mayotte to be independent too considering that until then, many of the Mayotte people were (forced to) working there in the capital of the Islands. That led to deprive Mayotte of its male workforce and putting it into misery (from what I read) but Mayotte women wanted their men back (and others things) and chose to remain French because of that. And this is when the (current) issue between the islands started because the Comoros since then has known political instability, poverty and other difficulties while by remaining French, Mayotte experienced better times.

Regarding the Haitian people, there is also an immigration from them to other French overseas islands such as Guadeloupe and Martinique. And there were always badly seen by the inhabitants here (because of them being most of the time illegals, sometimes because they are seen as "less civilized" (for lack of better wording) and also because of their Voodoo, considering Guadeloupe and Martinique are deeply Christian places). I remember a guy named Ibo Simon who was an anchor and was making very anti-Haitian speeches live on TV when I was there. And that was like 15 years ago.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
A similar problem is happening on French overseas soil with the Mayotte / The Comoros situation.

Mayotte is a "french" territory though it is part of the Comoro Islands. It is considered a wealthy country regarding the whole economy of the Comoro Islands which is pretty poor. Because of that there is a massive "illegal" immigration from The Comoros who seek french citizenship (and the benefits of it logically) by having kids on the Mayotte territory. It is both a case of life and death and cynicism because migrants from the Comoros really only seek to have a kid born on Mayotte (a part of those women are already pregnant when they come to Mayotte) soil so the kid can be French and have an education, a proper health system and mostly a better future. Mayotte people argue that this uncontrolled immigration is making crime rise and breaking the health system and making education harder for their kids because there are two many pupils then.

This is the reason there have been rallies and demonstrations in the last couple of years from Mayotte people to revoke the birth-right citizenship because of that.
It is said that Mayotte has like :
- 200K inhabitants
- 60K of them are from the Comorros (30%)
- 80% of the Comoros migrants are supposedly illegals which makes it 50K, aka 25% of Mayotte.

The birth-right citizenship which is a basic law in democratic countries and therefore in France can't be realistically overturned there because Mayotte is part of France. But it is true that the balance on those little islands welcoming illegals is greatly broken by those huge influx and inhabitants there voiced their discontent often (which seems to be the same with Dominicans and Bahamans).

Mayotte has a complex history (which I don't know the details of) because there are different ethnicities that lives in different Islands (it's always complex wherever this happens) but I don't know the specifics unfortunately. But when decolonization came in the 60s, Mayotte chose to remain French while other islands chose independence : the Comoros wanted Mayotte to be independent too considering that until then, many of the Mayotte people were (forced to) working there in the capital of the Islands. That led to deprive Mayotte of its male workforce and putting it into misery (from what I read) but Mayotte women wanted their men back (and others things) and chose to remain French because of that. And this is when the (current) issue between the islands started because the Comoros since then has known political instability, poverty and other difficulties while by remaining French, Mayotte experienced better times.

Regarding the Haitian people, there is also an immigration from them to other French overseas islands such as Guadeloupe and Martinique. And there were always badly seen by the inhabitants here (because of them being most of the time illegals, sometimes because they are seen as "less civilized" (for lack of better wording) and also because of their Voodoo, considering Guadeloupe and Martinique are deeply Christian places). I remember a guy named Ibo Simon who was an anchor and was making very anti-Haitian speeches live on TV when I was there. And that was like 15 years ago.

you martiniquan breh? I found out recently my moms heritage originally came from there :lupe: I have no idea about the culture tho I just know them and gudeloupe are french territories :manny:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
These 'Dominicans' illegally flock to other Caribbean countries like cockroaches too but ok :mjpls:

thats the point tho. shyt aint gravy enough in DR for dominicans themselves so how can they be expected to just take in a huge number of illegal haitians? if DR was some rich ass country tho it would be different, but the town where i was born for example just got indoor plumbing within the last 10 years and only because so many people from there are in the states and sending money back home.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Its called sovereignty. It means you can say who stays or who leaves. :yeshrug:

Haiti is going to have to step up at some point so that their own people can have a decent home to come back to.
thats the point tho. shyt aint gravy enough in DR for dominicans themselves so how can they be expected to just take in a huge number of illegal haitians? if DR was some rich ass country tho it would be different, but the town where i was born for example just got indoor plumbing within the last 10 years and only because so many people from there are in the states and sending money back home.
It's called xenophobia, so should my country as well as other carribbean nations which are primarily black kick out all the Dominicans :whistle:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
It's called xenophobia, so should my country as well as other carribbean nations which are primarily black kick out all the Dominicans :whistle:

if they there illegally yea kick em out. i got family members that been deported from the US before :manny: we take it in stride. shyt my grandparents were here since the late 60s with false names.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
honestly im torn tho. i think its fukked up to deny citizenship to people that were actually born there no matter what, but sometimes hard unpopular decisions have to be made. my pops be going hard on his fb defending the haitians born in DR from people who support denying them citizenship so i get to see both sides of the argument daily.

Last edited: