Dominican salon advice

Black Cher

All Star
Daps
I've never been to a dominican salon but I've seen vids on Youtube, do they always do 7,000 passes with the flat iron? Did you get heat damage going to them?

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoDollyđź–¤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Those Dominican blow outs are no joke

Tiffrock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D.C. ,living in ATL
I've never been to a dominican salon but I've seen vids on Youtube, do they always do 7,000 passes with the flat iron? Did you get heat damage going to them?

Lol I just get a roller set so I don't get the rollers set/ round brush /flat iron combo. Heat damage will happen if you do all that to your hair. I only go once a month also.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Hey ladies ,

I would encourage black women to bring your own deep conditioner. If you have a certain texture hair ,they may try to slip relaxer in the conditioner. It's popular in Atlanta and Maryland especially .

If you need conditioner recommendations,just ask.

That was soo 2012. Are sistahs really going to the Dominicans? What’s wrong with a black stylist that specializes in natural hair

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
That was soo 2012. Are sistahs really going to the Dominicans? What’s wrong with a black stylist that specializes in natural hair

They tend to charge a LOT in my experience/where I am, have gone to a few, gotten Rex’s etc and it’s been the same. I have been looking for one to work with my curls, but separate from that the same styles the Dominicans do have cost about $100 or more, which I truly don’t get why.

Tiffrock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D.C. ,living in ATL
They tend to charge a LOT in my experience/where I am, have gone to a few, gotten Rex’s etc and it’s been the same. I have been looking for one to work with my curls, but separate from that the same styles the Dominicans do have cost about $100 or more, which I truly don’t get why.

Exactly. Most people go because it's cheaper. I only get roller sets and I have extremely long hair. I know some salons charge for length. I bring my own conditioner and pay $30.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Exactly. Most people go because it's cheaper. I only get roller sets and I have extremely long hair. I know some salons charge for length. I bring my own conditioner and pay $30.

I understand. Perhaps you can go to a cosmetology school and pay only $15.

Which city are you in?