Dr.Dre officially becomes the FIRST billionaire in hip hop (only 10 black billionaires in the world)

Sciz

Pro
Daps
What makes y'all think he dont have a good stake in that company? Im willing to bet its 50/50

any startup money they got, Im sure they paid that off years ago...
and even if it's 30% , he'll get there....
dude is already at 500M

b_roll_ya

Banned
Daps
my question is what is his next venture. He cant just chill after the monster success of beats (no pun)
u crazy
any nikka can sit on a billion a do nothing for a year and still be rich
nikka can sit at his desk and get face time on his phone to talk to his artist and never gotta go nowhere unless its the studio to mix a cd

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
jay has 17 albums - 400mil

dr dre has 2 albums - 1 billi +

082312-music-rotten-apple-rappers-insult-new-york-dogg-pound-new-york-new-york.jpg

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
What makes y'all think he dont have a good stake in that company? Im willing to bet its 50/50

Forbes had previously estimated that the founders each owned approximately 25% of the company, but there have been a number of transactions in the last year, with former majority owner HTCbacking out and private equity firm Carlyle Group investing as a minority partner. The Carlyle deal reportedly valued Beats at over $1 billion, but Apple would appear to be paying well above that if the acquisition goes through.
It might be at 30, 35, 40%. Even on the low end at 30% he still get about $960 mil before tax. Add that to what he already worth... :banderas:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I don't know why rappers try to do that clothing shyt. :snoop: When I come up on that industry money, I'm going into the defense industry and invest on the next great weapon to get those GOV contracts. nikkas rap about guns, why not have a stake in making them? :yeshrug:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:lupe:

I remember my dad used to catch feelings whenever he caught me listening to rap, especially Dre. One time he was like "you're listening to this crap but don't you know these guys will be dead or broke in ten years?"

*emails article to him*
hip hop :salute:

VanVanCity

I pass on the syrup and welcome the chronic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Start up money?! They jacked the whole company

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
Dre will undoubtedly eat off this but will it be enough to tip him over a Billi? Can anyone shed any light on the size of his stake?

Got damn ya man Jimmy though :wow:

he will get no less than 750 mil off this deal if 3.2 billion is really the number. jimmy is looking at atleast billion though :fullwow:

really

All Star
Daps
Apple in talks to buy Beats Electronics for $3.2B: FT

"Apple is closing in on its largest ever acquisition with the planned $3.2 billion purchase of Beats Electronics, the headphone maker and music streaming operator founded by music producer Jimmy Iovine and the hip-hop star Dr Dre.
The deal could be announced as early as next week, people familiar with the negotiations said, but they cautioned that some details had yet to be agreed and talks could still fall apart.

A deal of this scale would represent a radical departure for Tim Cook, chief executive of the iPhone maker: under the late Steve Jobs, Apple was reluctant to pursue high-profile acquisitions."

Dr Dre current networth (Forbes): $500,000,000

For the record.... Dre's Current Networth of $500million is with the VALUE OF BEATS FACTORED IN ALREADY....

So Lets drop his Networth to $200million.....

They sell beats for $3.2billion, dre will get, $1BILLION IF HE'S LUCKY (Jimmy iovene and some other guy have at least a 3rd share)....

$1billion = $500million after taxes

So after taxes, Dre will have about $700million dollars, best case scenario....

ALl his money will be liquid tho... But he def won't be a billionaire, let alone MULTI-Billionaire