Drake v. Meek: Is anyone else not entertained?

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
I really don't give a shyt what's trending on Twitter or who BK is going for... I feel very underwhelmed by this whole thing and am starting to find it almost comical how invested some of you on here are in this cat fight.

On the one hand, you have Drake, admittedly a successful and well rounded artist, but never one who was seen as built for confrontation (the guy apparently got pissed on and didn't react? :what:).

In the other corner you have Meek Mill, the poster child for mediocrity: middle school lunch table caliber lyricism, and a forgettable catalog; an artist whose relationship lends more support to his fame than his actual body of work.

What we as consumers have taken from all of this: some tweets; and three (3) songs, which can be distilled down to a handful of tongue in cheek quotsbles that aren't even the best he can do.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel shortchanged. I don't think all hip hop beefs need to end in casualties, but I do think they're the apex of the rap experience and something that is singular to the genre and shouldn't be taken lightly: most if not all of the heaviest names in rap have had to deal with someone else attacking them on or off wax, and dealt with it admirably, win or lose. Hell, some even fukking died over a rap beef.

To list Drake and Meek among those names is stupid imo.

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
Drake vs. Meek aint no Nas vs. Jay Z or Biggie vs. Tupac but im just glad we finally got a full out battle from two big stars this generation :yeshrug:

Super Future Luther King Jr.

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
I've been disgusted by the shyt all week

Grown ass men championing both these nuccas like either one was the savior of Hip Hop

And I have tracks from both in my iTunes

My name is Super Future Luther King Jr.

And I don't Stan this hard

shyts embarrassing

But everybody will leave the Booth and it will be back to dead soon

Just how real nuccas want it

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps

Grown ass men championing both these nuccas like either one was the savior of Hip Hop

shyts embarrassing

:what: you mean like what grown men have done for every rap beef, ball game, and boxing match?

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt

shyts embarrassing

Truth. I like when the forum is lively, but the two camps are becoming increasingly irrational and extreme in their views and are acting like this is the biggest deal right now when it's really just not.

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
The whole shyt is wack TBH.

And I'm not one of those :flabbynsick: BACK IN MY DAY kind of rap fans, but the softening of the genre and the acceptance by its fans is starting to get out of hand.

I'm all for growth and evolution, but the basic principles as I see them are starting to get attacked and no one seems to care. :mjcry:

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt trash two gabbage rappers going at it the fact that they are even in their slots is very disturbing.

Meek is trash and Drake was average after this whole fiasco I don't see how anyone can even take that guy (Urinal Pissy)serious but like Meek said we living in some spooky times.:manny:

Muthafukkas don't respect rules and honor and codes this guy undoubltly has the most disgusting stans on earth I thought Em stans were bad but this week proved his stans are worst than Beyonce's and I never thought that would be possible.:ohhh:

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
Drake vs. Meek aint no Nas vs. Jay Z or Biggie vs. Tupac but im just glad we finally got a full out battle from two big stars this generation :yeshrug:

I want to agree, but you have to sell me on Meek being a big star... even for our generation. The guy just seems washed up- that bid did him NO favors, and we all expected him to come out of the gate fists flying.