Drinking with your spouse can make you live and love longer: study

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
If your romantic relationship is on the rocks — drinking together could prolong the partnership, and might even make you live longer, according to a study.

The study, published in the journal the Gerontologist, found that couples who drink together and who have similar drinking habits are more likely to live longer and have a healthier relationship.

Kira Birditt, the lead author of the study and a professor and researcher at the University of Michigan, said that couples who have similar drinking patterns — what alcohol literature refers to as a “drinking partnership” — have less marital conflict and longer relationships. However, she said researchers aren’t sure why drinking with a spouse is “associated with better survival.”

“The purpose of this study was to look at alcohol use in couples in the [university’s] Health and Retirement Study and the implications for mortality,” she said in a U-M press release.

The recent study looked at 4,566 married, different-sex couples who were all over the age of 50. Birditt interviewed the couples every two years

The survey didn’t ask people what type of alcohol they were drinking or how much, but rather if they drank with their partner sometime in the past three months.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
images

180125_vod_orig_thirsty_koala_16x9_992.jpg

Wife and I been on that tip....OOOOOOH YALL TALKING ABOUT "ALCOHOL"

We got leaves for that :camby:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
The survey didn't ask what people are drinking or how much, but rather get if they drink with their partner sometime in the past three months

What kind of garbage survey is this :camby:

These so called "researchers" are just stealing government money, I need to start applying for grants

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I swear these dumb ass "studies" are some sort of money laundry scheme from these schools.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear these dumb ass "studies" are some sort of money laundry scheme from these schools.
having a positive relationship with your spouse can make you live longer is really all it's saying

which makes sense less stress etc.

anyone who thinks "oh we need to drink together baby" because they read this study is a retard (OP is a retard, probably why his wife left him)