Duke University ENDS full-ride scholarship program for select Black students in wake of affirmative action ruling

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
They dont want to be sued by conservative activists. Theres nothing a democratic governor can do to prevent that if the Supreme Court itself undermines affirmative action.

These companies and schools are pre-empting potential problems by avoiding race altogether
NYU appeals to …NYC and surrounding areas, and obviously anyone who wants to come.

Duke doesn’t care about North Carolinians like that.

My undergrad had between 25-30% of students who were from the state the school was in.

Different schools have different profiles and marketing strategies.
Right, these Democratic schools and Democratic representatives are copping out of fighting for the people who support them and y'all are perfectly okay with this. That's what both sides means. Democrats say all the right things, but when it's actually time to stand on something, they weasel out of it.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
you'd think this is common sense but :francis:

they know EXACTLY what they are doing.

and to think it's that butthurt Duke grad Stephen Miller who started this bullshyt to begin with. Some brotha probably fukked his bytch and been mad ever since.
Speaking of Stephen Miller...

ap-17214720889572.jpg

You know who peeped Stephen MIller’s potential in undergrad while he was a PhD student at Duke?

_y1a9132-2000px_0.jpg

:sas2:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Right, these Democratic schools and Democratic representatives are copping out of fighting for the people who support them and y'all are perfectly okay with this. That's what both sides means. Democrats say all the right things, but when it's actually time to stand on something, they weasel out of it.

Companies avoid drama and lawsuits. Black employees and students be damned.

So yes, I wish they’d fight more, but they weren’t the ones who removed the program.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
They dont want to be sued by conservative activists. Theres nothing a democratic governor can do to prevent that if the Supreme Court itself undermines affirmative action.

These companies and schools are pre-empting potential problems by avoiding race altogether
I meant to quote this above post but I'm multi tasking and failing at the coli's quote system right now.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Companies avoid drama and lawsuits. Black employees and students be damned.

So yes, I wish they’d fight more, but they weren’t the ones who removed the program.
Right, so what happens is that the people who want the drama and lawsuits (Republicans) get what they want in the end.

Meanwhile we got several folks over here talking about the 18 year old black kids need to uproot their lives and hit the transfer portal out of fukking Duke of all places while Duke and the Democrats gets all the forgiveness in the world for having zero teeth or fight in them.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was pointing out that this is a private school in a Democrat city that is in a state that has a Democrat Governor since people like to move goal posts and play games like that instead of addressing the reality of the situation. Like how you found a way to talk about everything but Duke in this post. There is nothing GOP about Duke, this is largely a private institution you'd associate with the Democrats if there was any political party you'd think of. Which is the point both sides people try to make, but flies over most people's heads because...reasons.

Yeah. Outside of potentially being sued, I thought private institutions were immune to recent acts that were passed to effectively ban DEI.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Right, so what happens is that the people who want the drama and lawsuits (Republicans) get what they want in the end.

Meanwhile we got several folks over here talking about the 18 year old black kids need to uproot their lives and hit the transfer portal out of fukking Duke of all places while Duke and the Democrats gets all the forgiveness in the world for having zero teeth or fight in them.
we have to pick our battles right now

we’re facing an onslaught.

Its even basically bad politics to have to defend scholarships for black people because superficially, no one wants racial preferences but in terms of outcomes, people know we need them because other groups will request their own set-asides.

Again, I keep telling people that reparations on this accord wont happen either and they keep ignoring this… the courts wont let it happen.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Man let's be real fam, you think Duke is going under without federal funding?
didn't say that. But there's LOTS of students there, even well to do ones, who get those unsubsidezed loans.

And they are also getting federal research grant money. THAT's the money they don't want to lose.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yeah. Outside of potentially being sued, I thought private institutions were immune to recent acts that were passed to effectively ban DEI.
Man let's be real fam, you think Duke is going under without federal funding?
because even private schools get some federal funding.

Federal funding is often a leash on activities. From how money is spent to laws dictating how certain actions are governed, audited, and dispensed.