Daps
Reppin
PHX
Cop charged in rookie’s ‘Russian roulette’ death went berserk after shooting
By Lia Eustachewich

January 29, 2019 | 10:33am

190129-hendren-booking-photo.jpg

Nathaniel Hendren
The death of a young St. Louis police officer during a game of Russian roulette was a “tragic accident,” according to the lawyer for the cop charged in her killing.

Officer Nathaniel Hendren, 29, sported a black eye in his mugshot released Monday, when he was booked into jail for allegedly shooting his colleague Katlyn Alix.

SEE ALSO

Cop charged after game of Russian Roulette ends in rookie's death
Hendren injured himself by headbutting and breaking a back window of a police SUV following the fatal shooting Thursday night, sources told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Police took him into custody Monday in his room at St. Louis University Hospital, where he’d been hospitalized.

He is charged with involuntary manslaughter and armed criminal action.

“The death of Officer Katlyn Alix was a tragic accident that has unalterably impacted the lives of everyone involved,” said Hendren’s lawyer, Talmage Newton IV, in a statement. “I urge the public, as well as members of the police department, to wait until the investigation is complete, and all of the facts have been presented, before coming to any conclusions about what they believe happened that unfortunate morning.”

Police said Hendren and his partner, also 29, were on duty when they and Alix gathered at Hendren’s home. Just before 1 a.m., Hendren emptied all the bullets from his revolver and put one back in. He spun the cylinder, pointed the gun away and squeezed the trigger, but the gun didn’t fire, according to court documents.

Alix, 24, who was off duty, then took a turn, pointing the gun at Hendren and pulling the trigger. Then Hendren took the gun back and did the same — but this time it fired and Alix was struck in the chest.

Hendren and his partner called in the shooting on their police radios as they rushed Alix, a two-year veteran, to St. Louis University Hospital. She was pronounced dead at 1:07 a.m.

Hendren, who has been on the force for one year, is being held on $50,000 cash-only bail.

At a court hearing Monday morning, Hendren’s attorney requested a bail reduction that would let him free after posting 10 percent. A judge will rule later this week.

Both Hendren and his partner were placed on paid administrative leave by the department following the shooting — but Hendren was suspended without pay on Monday. The partner has about two years on the force.

It’s unclear how long the two were at Hendren’s home that evening. Some patrol cars are outfitted with GPS technology, but it’s unclear whether their car had it.

An autopsy is being performed, but toxicology results could take 12 to 16 weeks to complete.

Alix was married to another St. Louis police officer in October. Her husband was not at Hendren’s home when she was shot, sources told the Post-Dispatch.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/29/cop-c...n-roulette-death-went-berserk-after-shooting/

What a bunch of dumb fukks smh

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
This, is the level of degenerate slime that is being trained to use deadly force, given guns and badges, and responsible for maintaining civility in society in the United States of fukkery.
:snoop:
My thoughts exactly, perp and his partner we're on duty. Imagine what other shyt these cops do on the clock. Fortunately these degenerates weren't policing long, but this type of behavior engaged in by rookies is undoubtedly indicative of a systematic problem thoughout the department. Crazy shyt

I don't watch news but I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't reported nationwide. Kind of happened across this story from a random Wikipedia link.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Homie tried to rape her she fought back he shot her

Cover up

Idk this what I thought initially when I heard ththe story
:ohhh:
You got a good point there. And with they saying he headbutting the window in the police car, injuries don't look consistent with that. How you gone have a black eye in one eye from headbutting?