wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The Rock is officially starring in Sony's Jumanji remake

:gladbron:

I was :patrice: when i heard about a remake of a childhood classic for me, but I may be able to fukk with The Rock version :ehh:

The Rock is officially starring in Sony's Jumanji remake
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson took to Instagram this morning to confirm his participation in an upcoming remake of Jumanji, promising he'd deliver something "cool and special." The confirmation is arriving in the wake of recent reports that Sony was recruiting Johnson and Kevin Hart for its remake of the 1995 Robin Williams adventure classic, one that'd start shooting this summer before release in July 2017. Johnson's Instagram post nails down a few of those details: the movie will start shooting this fall, and it's being directed by Jake Kasdan. It's still unclear whether or not Hart is going to join the cast; the actors' busy schedules were originally cited as a major production challenge.

The original Jumanji overcame lukewarm critical reception on its way to conquering the box office over two decades ago, and it's become a go-to movie for parents and children in the years since its release. (It's also one of those rare children's movies that's genuinelyscary: I was pretty young when it was first released, and I remember being absolutely terrified by it.) When Sony announced its intention to remake the film last August, it was met with widespread criticism because of the announcement's proximity to Robin Williams' death.

IT'S ONE OF THE ROCK'S "ALL-TIME FAVES"

"[Taking] existing properties that are beloved worldwide like #BAYWATCHand #RAMPAGEand... tell[ing] their stories in dope new ways to a whole new generation is truly an honor," The Rock wrote. "We'll produce and deliver to a whole new generation a title that I love and is one of my all-time faves: there's games you play for fun... then there's games that change your life. JUMANJI."

5h
  • therock It's OFFICIAL: Love this script! Big movie news that me and my canine gal Shang are excited to share;) To produce, create and deliver original properties to fans like HBO's #ballers to this summer's #CentralIntelligence is one of the best parts of my job.
  • But to take great properties that are beloved worldwide like #BAYWATCHand #RAMPAGE and have the opportunity reimagine their stories in dope new ways to a whole new generation is truly an honor.

It's official. We'll produce and deliver to a whole new generation a title that I love and is one of my all time favs:
    There's games you play for fun...
    then there's games that change your life.
    JUMANJI
    Working on edging up an already very good script with my @sevenbucksprodteam. Up next is meeting with our producer Matt Tolmach and director Jake Kasdan. Shooting starts this fall.
    Promise to deliver something cool and special.. and not screw the whole damn thing up;). As always I'll keep you posted. Casting this should be fun!
    #JUMANJI#JungleLife#JustPressStart#SONYPictures

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Are u guys fukking kidding me?

Yall needa catch up on zathura which was jumanjis sequel.

Equally as awesome and they are in space and shyt...

Unrealll brehs lettin me down bigtime.

Quite frankly this should not be a remake and be something like a new person discovers the board because NO ONE WILL TOP WILLIAMS HERE