EA agrees $1.2 billion acquisition of Codemasters

Pour one out for Dirt.
AggravatingHeavyDinosaur-max-1mb.gif

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Codemasters is a really small company. This is a huge W for them as an organization to have such an influx of cash through. On the other hand, we know how EA gets down. They write the checks but everything else is a shytshow.

I can't help but think Codies' will be consolidating GRID and DIRT into one big open world multi-platform Forza Horizon type game. There's huge potential there, and of course a lot of ways you can continue to charge people for content for years.

Wonder how this will affect the F1 games. 2021 is probably too far into development right now but 2022 will have all the first EA changes. I could see them using Frostbite for cinematics and shyt.

Open world Need for Speed built by Codies that basically combines DIRT/GRID gameplay, with car packs using tie ins from the F1 games and the other EA published games. You could milk that for years

Last edited:

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Never played any of their games.

Still, competition is a good thing. It’s nice to see such a huge investment in the racing genre. Forza has held the crown for a minute now but I’d like to see even more racing games of high quality