Eating an American diet.. you've basically adapted to being sick

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Addiction- the state of compulsively doing something while being conscious of the negative effects to your overall and longterm wellbeing.

11/13/20- It's nearing lunchtime on payday Friday:blessed: Your stomach is starting to growl. What will it be? A rib dinner from Benny's barbecue, perhaps? Mmm grease, fat, 300% of your reccomended daily sodium intake in one sitting. Sounds good, let's go with that.

Fast forward, its Friday afternoon, you've "treated" yourself to your favorite spot. You're satiated and satisfied:smugbiden: Energy is feeling a little low, but that's normal right?

...and so is heart failure, stroke, osteoporosis, stomach cancer, kidney disease, high blood pressure, kidney stones, headaches, enlarged heart, puffiness, bloating, weight gain, and the list goes on.

But I'm not here to judge. I've been battling food addiction for years. Failing to make the right choice time and time again. But I will share with you what I have done in the last year to get on track and stay on track.

Intermittent fasting. I tried to find healthy alternatives to eat but that never seemed to curb the addiction to the bad stuff. I would always end up going on these terrible binges after a few months of eating healthy.

One day I drive up to Five Guys, going to "treat" myself to big ass double cheese cow with a slab of pig ass on top. The fries alone are 50% of your reccomended daily caloric intake and 100% of your recommended daily fat intake. But I digress...I worked hard this week, I deserve it. Upon entering the restaurant I see a man dining in with a huuuge stomach-stomach touching the fukking chair:mjtf:. I asked myself, what kind of quality of life does this man have? He has normalized sickness. We all have.

I turned around and left Five Guys. Still hungry, surrounded by restaurants but absolutely disgusted with everything they had to offer. That day I ended up going to the natural grocer and picking up four bananas, a bag of walnuts, and a large bottle of water. That's what I ate for lunch at noon that day.

3 o'clock rolls around, not hungry. 6PM, still not hungry :ohhh:. Whereas, if I had eaten the Five Guys:dame:I probably would have been starving by 5 o'clock, ready to do it all over again for dinner.

Fasting became my my go-to strategy for curbing food cravings-mind over body. When the craving come I allow my mind to deal with it. Sometimes I would just skip lunch altogether, just drink water, and go toe-to-toe with the cravings. Other times I would get oatmeal, bananas, watermelon, or avocado instead. And always with a lot of water. This was very effective in curbing the addiction. I'm to the point now where most commercially available foods are too salty for me to eat. Not to mention finding new plant-based recipes has renewed my passion for cooking.

Anyway, I could go on about how intermittent fasting affects your body on the cellular and molecular level but this post is long as fukk already. This is not for everybody but if you want to maximize your quality of life, you have to take care of your mind, body, and spirit. And stop normalizing :flabbynsick:. We know this system doesn't give a damn about us. It's up to us to give a damn about us. I hope this post helps you on your journey.

For reference: I am a 40 year old ultra-endurance athlete in the best shape of my life. Trying to live my best life and I want the same for you.

URj73K7_d.webp

Asante

All Star
Daps

The goal is to dilute the effects of the “God particle”.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
40+ gang we here.:ehh:

I've definitely been watching what I eat a lot more these days. covid has messed up all my ball playing activities so I'm down to just working out at home which isnt cutting it.

I currently 24 hour fast once every 2 weeks which I've been doing for about 2 months. Definitely eating more salads, fruits and oats. I havent stopped meat though and I dont plan to. Everything in moderation for me. :manny:

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
IMF is such an integral part of my daily routine that i cant go back to the 3 meals a day if i wanted to. I did notice that carb cycling along with IMF gives me the best results since my body tends to go into starvation mode quicker if i dont keep varying the amount of carbs on a daily basis. I lost a good amount of weight but the upswing is that after a 16hr fast my energy actually goes up until about 24hrs before it evens out .I have done a good few weeks on OMAD which is the next step to explore and the amount of stored energy that your body releases was incredible.No more inflamations of my knee joints,no more carb coma's and my skin never was a problem but as soon as i have just a little bit too much sugar my body reacts to it like a toxin.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
40+ gang we here.:ehh:

I've definitely been watching what I eat a lot more these days. covid has messed up all my ball playing activities so I'm down to just working out at home which isnt cutting it.

I currently 24 hour fast once every 2 weeks which I've been doing for about 2 months. Definitely eating more salads, fruits and oats. I havent stopped meat though and I dont plan to. Everything in moderation for me. :manny:

I feel you but 'everything in moderation', does that include crack, heroin, raw dogging prostitutes? Of course not. That example is a bit extreme but I believe that America's meat industry is on that level.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Yes there is a basic no list that all black folks should follow....

We require good fats and nutrient dense high quality real foods

mushrooms(of every type), berries plantains, mangos, avocado, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, quinoa, coconut, kale, romaine, ginger, Irish Sea Moss, should be staples in your diet.

I won’t talk about meat, everyone can do their own research on that.

folks worried about white supremacy should eliminate white supremacy in their diets first.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
I’ve been saying this for a while, intermittent fasting is a way of life. I started doing it in 2018 just to see how it’d go, and I’m still doing it now. I could never go back to eating a big breakfast, a big lunch, and a big dinner now.