Egypt NOT being the primary of civilization

Milk

Pro
Daps
Reppin
England
I'm currently reading a book called The Civilization of Ancient Egypt (1999), by Paul Johnson. Summarising, in the book, it states that western Asia can claim to be the first civilization and that there is little evidence for Egypt could make that assertion.

Here's an excerpt from the book that states this information (I've circled the relevant part in red):

Raj5QAo.jpg

To the people here who have knowledge of history and/or archaeology, is this correct?

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
From Wikipedia:
Gerzean culture coincided with a significant decline in rainfall,[55] and farming along the Nile now produced the vast majority of food,[54] though contemporary paintings indicate that hunting was not entirely forgone. With increased food supplies, Egyptians adopted a much more sedentary lifestyle and cities grew as large as 5,000.[54]

The Gerzean Culture arose 3200 to 3500 BCE, which makes it a contemporary of the Sumerians that the author cites.

Milk

Pro
Daps
Reppin
England
Seems like the standard of earliest recorded civilization beginning in mesopotamia.
As in, archaeologist can't find anything earlier than the current time period known?

Both Egypt and West Asia are 2nd/3rd to Kush

From Wikipedia:

The Gerzean Culture arose 3200 to 3500 BCE, which makes it a contemporary of the Sumerians that the author cites.

Both civiliazation may have occured simultaneously?

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
Hm, west Asians probably had more population pressures to deal with. Migrations/Invasions and the food abundance available in the fertile crescent probably accelerated their development.

T'challa

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda, Biafra
:russell:
Same ol cac story, same ol cac tactics

:coffee:
@KidStranglehold I know you "got dis" ....that said, tag me in if you'd like me to come off da top rope on "dey ass"​

VGSB, wrong thread I know, been looking at your website in your sig, :ohhh: where the entrepreneurship thread at?:feedme: Looked around thecoli streets and haven't seen any.:patrice:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
It all depends on what you consider to be the most important aspect of "civilization." If you prioritize city building then Egyptians fall short. If you prioritize monuments, Egypt wins. It's pointless arguing over who was first, all those ancient civs came up at about the same time.

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
I started reading a book called "The Colonizer's Model of The World." In the book, the author mentions a term "Eurocentric Diffusionism." Even if you can prove 100% without the shadow of a doubt that whites were not involved in certain events in history they will still impose themselves in it. You can bring out every scholar in the world to debunk their lies, it wont stop them from continuing to lie.