Eminem might be the only 40+ rapper NOT killing it.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BLACK DON'T CRACK

:lolbron:

But nah seriously, we're seeing a lot of inspired rapping these days from our elder statesmen.

Feel free to drop links here of some your favorites that "still got it".

Also we can talk about who we want to hear from, since all this inspiration is floating around.

I need Pharoahe Monch on Flex, Sway, something. I KNOW he's gotta be cooking up.

Shyt Peedi Crakk is 40 now, if he's not tripping off the rap game like that I understand, but damn give us something.

Man if a hard Clipse song just dropped out of nowhere...

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was surprised by that Cappadonna/Pete Rock mixtape. A lot of good songs on there, not sure why they didn't try to make this something more official without the goofy DJ.

The song that starts around 2:30 is tough

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
its wild cuz i feel like when you think about it, black thought has laced us a few times this year

he did that spoken word at harvard or wherever

him and meth were on some radio show and killed it

he bodied the funk flex freestyle

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
wizworld said:
This is nice, El has always been able to create a good vibe with his solo music. This song is from 2002 and if you played the song you posted & this one back to back, you'd have no idea one track came out FIFTEEN years later than the other.

Breh, I couldn't tell the difference between him and Tame One until their second album............:francis:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Roc Marci opened up a new lane going off on these minimalist loops and there are some emcees that really shine using that format

I grabbed this Planet Asia track from another thread
:whoo:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Ross still makes dope music and one of the most consistent rappers in the game. Meth has absolutely been crushing shyt. Jay dropped an album of the year contender. Rae and Ghost still puts out high quality music. Big Boi still puts out dope music. Nas dropped one song and fans still clamoring for the album. AZ skills has never diminished. Mase got the whole world looking at him now. Black Thought is Black Thought. New Dipset track is fire. Bunch of 40+ rappers still killing shyt.

Eminem? Trash.

OP absolutely correct.