ENVOGUE WAS A UNDERRATED GIRL GROUP

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
In terms of popularity they were above Jodeci and under TLC and Boyz II Men.

Not 100% sure they were underrated, but they did have some great songs.

Who is underrated as a straight up talent is Shanice. She sang the anthem a few years back and still sounds great.

My song right here :wow:

Last edited:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
@dora_da_destroyer I don't think they are underrated, but does their popularity match SWV, Total, TLC and Xscape (the south)? If not then maybe they are underrated on that front, but if we are talking talent wise they are the best.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@dora_da_destroyer I don't think they are underrated, but does their popularity match SWV, Total, TLC and Xscape (the south)? If not then maybe they are underrated on that front, but if we are talking talent wise they are the best.

They outsold three of those groups.

My fave video from a female group

Toni Braxton reused the concept for one of her videos.This is my favorite video from them.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
They definitely weren’t underrated, they were just stuck between generations. Too young to really be a boomer group and too old/classic to catch onto the hip hop soul wave that made the other groups relevant to young kids/early Millennials and mid-late gen x. They’re like hip hop groups/rappers who couldn’t make that post 92 transition

Last edited:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
With hits like

They was running shyt in the 90s

Crazy how Destiny Child ended their run

First off, they were properly rated during their hey day. Now in regards to the bolded:

How do y'all blatantly try to re-write history with bold face lies to people who lived through these moments in time? And on a consistent basis at that. What's the purpose? :dahell:

Maaaan, fukk the majority of y'all on this board with an unearthed pterodactyl dikk for real for real :mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
First off, they were properly rated during their hey day. Now in regards to the bolded:

How do y'all blatantly try to re-write history with bold face lies to people who lived through these moments in time? And on a consistent basis at that. What's the purpose? :dahell:

Maaaan, fukk the majority of y'all on this board with an unearthed pterodactyl dikk for real for real :mjlol:
:russ: i didn't even see that in OP...

DC and En Vogue had zero relevance to one another. En Vogue was done after Funky Divas in 93, they got a hit in Don't Let Go in 96, but the breakup and lack of hits on EV3 made them irrelevant after that single. DC was a second rate group during their debut album in 98, they didn't really take off until 00 after the breakup and dropping "say my name"...how the hell OP fix their mouths to put DC and EV in the same convo when their runs didn't overlap at all :dead:

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

DC and En Vogue had zero relevance to one another. En Vogue was done after Funky Divas in 93, they got a hit in Don't Let Go in 96, but the breakup and lack of hits on EV3 made them irrelevant after that single. DC was a second rate group during their debut album in 98, they didn't really take off until 00 after the breakup and dropping "say my name"...how the hell OP fix their mouths to put DC and EV in the same convo when their runs didn't overlap at all :dead:
Well fukkin said.

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North

OP abandoned his own thread once his BS got called out a few times :bryan: