Eric B. & Rakim Nominated For 2024 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

LevelUp

🧞πŸͺ” π™π™π™š π™‚π™šπ™£π™žπ™š 𝙀𝙛 π™©π™π™š 𝙇𝙖𝙒π™₯ 🧞πŸͺ”
Daps
Eric-B-Rakim-scaled.jpg

"It's no secret that Eric B. & Rakim have left a lasting mark on hip-hop, and it looks like they could finally be honored for it in a big way. AllHipHop exclusively reports that the iconic duo is in the running for a spot in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. This also is their second time being nominated, the first being in 2012. Earlier today, Eric B.’s manager Louis β€œUncle Louie” Gregory expressed excitement over the news on Twitter/X. "Just in @EricBandRakim are nominated for the rock β€˜n’ roll Hall of Fame! Representing @EricB is not just my job, it’s my honor!" he wrote.

Other hip-hop acts that have been inducted include Jay-Z, 2Pac, The Notorious B.I.G., Eminem, Run-DMC, Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five, Public Enemy, LL Cool J, and more. Just last year, Missy Elliot also became the first woman rapper to be inducted.

Eric B's Manager Spreads The News

If inducted, it would be far from the first time Eric B. & Rakim were honored for their work, however. In November of last year, Nas gave Rakim his flowers in his speech at the Grandmaster Hip-Hop Awards, describing how he has inspired his own career. "When I first heard your music... If you had told me that I would be on stage saluting you... Like, this is cr*zy. This is a rapper's dream. This is a hip-hop artist's dream," Nas explained.

"This don't make no sense," he also added. "It not regular, this don't happen. This happen because it was supposed to happen. What you laid down, the foundation... When I first heard your music, they was doing a dance to your music in my neighborhood. I didn't understand how there was a synchronized dance to a song that just came out called the wop."

Eric B. & Rakim Nominated For 2024 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
They have been eligible since 2012. It's a crazy world we live in that Missy, Biggie, Pac, and Eminem(who are all deserving as well) get inducted over 10 years before Rakim. They let Jay Z in the same year as LL though he had also been eligible for over a decade as well. This just lets me know that Kane and G Rap aint ever getting in my lifetime.

Sean7

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have been eligible since 2012. It's a crazy world we live in that Missy, Biggie, Pac, and Eminem(who are all deserving as well) get inducted over 10 years before Rakim. They let Jay Z in the same year as LL though he had also been eligible for over a decade as well. This just lets me know that Kane and G Rap aint ever getting in my lifetime.
I just thought this when reading it, they should have been in there YEARS ago... Missy before them? What a joke.

The fact that Kane and G Rap won't get in there anytime soon is also a crime.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame only seems to care about the mainstream Hip-Hop artists, nothing against them at all (although Missy and Eminem are head scratchers for me) but...

All those names you mentioned are mainstream in the sense that they're wildly popular or well-known enough (by white listeners) to be inducted...BDK and especially Kool G Rap (along with many others) likely won't ever be inducted because they're not mainstream enough outside the Hip-Hop crowd.

Wish there was a Hip-Hop version of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why we gotta bring others down questioning who hot in before Rakim? For one, Missy raps, sings, and produces and had been impactful in all three. She was writing classic songs before her debut album even dropped.

Eric B and Rakim getting inducted may be long over due, but we ain't gotta down artists to make that point.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The tough thing is that... the lineup they're up against is tough. They only select I think 6 (?) acts every year and this shyt is STACKED. Some of 'em, to be honest, I figured were already in. So maybe if one of them gets held over for another year, this may be the year EB&R get in but I ain't gonna pencil it in.