Ernest "The Cat" Miller In The WWE (02-04)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Like Ernest Miller's WWE career, this thread won't be that long. If you had tuned out around this time, Miller came to the WWE in very late 2002, and mostly did commentary for a bit less than a year. Dude was always able to talk and engage people, so he felt like a natural, especially compared to the goofy dudes we have in the WWE right now. Mostly did commentary for Velocity, until they actually brought him to the main roster in late 2003. They were showing some vignettes to hype him up (which you may be able to find on the WWE network for 9.99, or free, since they're not on youtube or dailymotion).

Then he made his debut, though not in wrestling capacity, but in a promo.

I remember this being cringe-inducing the first time around, so I didn't even bother to watch it again.

I will mention that both during vignettes and these promos, he was given a manager type dude. Miller did have managers in WCW (Sonny Onoo and Miss Jones :noah:), but unlike Miss Jones and Onoo, this guy they paired with him (named Lamont) really didn't have a purpose. Lamont was this butler/manager back in the Ohio Valley Wrestling days for Bolin Services. He was a developmental wrestler himself, but I don't remember him ever actually wrestling any matches. I just remember him looking like Canibus
03.jpg

Anyway, there was this segment, which was about as embarrassing back then as current segments are today

They didn't even bother trying to make that kiss look real :mjlol::mjlol: (Sable ":beli::mjpls:")

Can't find a vid of it, but there was a segment between Vince McMahon, Sable, and Ernest Miller. I don't remember it, but it's probably as bad as it sounds. Just from looking up results, Vince McMahon dances, then kicks Miller in the nuts :mjlol:

Anyway, he had a spot at Royal Rumble 2004

Yea:hhh:

2 weeks before No Way Out, Miller was in a 15 man Battle Royal to determine the #1 contender for the Undisputed title.
tumblr_pbcx8xiBP41relfhqo1_540.png

I remember this happening, but I don't remember Miller actually being in this :skip:

Miller came in, threw a couple elbows, got his dancing off, then got tossed by Kurt Angle. Tajiri washed Lamont after Miller was thrown out, leading to a small feud with each other.

Miller gets a rollup after like 3 minutes or whatever, then Akio & Sakoda (Jimmy Wang Yang & Ryan Sakoda dressed as Yakuza dudes) attacks Ernest Miller and Lamont. Pre-Cabinet/Pre-Magic Johnson's Son Orlando Jordan (who is only 30 here:picard:) runs down and makes the save. This was a super rookie Orlando who had only been on the roster right under a year, and had been a mainstay on Velocity for awhile. After he makes the save, him, Lamont and Ernest Miller have a dance segment that probably had Vince cackling in the back and slapping his knee in enjoyment.

Not too long after that, Miller was released, and that was the end of his WWE career, and career in general, as he retired that same year. Yikes. I'm not sure what the WWE's goal was when they brought him in the company. One thing that was working against him was his age. When he came to WCW, he was already 33. Come 2003/4, he's 40/41. Another thing is, what made Miller appealing was free-lancing like he did in WCW. He just didn't seem like himself (great on commentary though). Seemed like he was brought to the WWE for no reason at all. Another thing, that stupid ass theme that would be used 8 years later for Brodus Clay :gucci:

Compared to this

And this

Even back then, the WWE was good at taking things that were appealing in other organizations, make changes, then make it worse. They've been doing this for a long time, as recent as NXT :manny:

Hmph, thread went longer than I thought:patrice::jbhmm::ehh:

Last edited:

Coco Brown

All Star
Daps
I literally only remember that terrible dancing segment with Vince and that he would come out dancing and the crowd was not with it.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Never took him serious..he was doing that dancing bullshyt like all those other nyggas. Vince literally sees Blacks as buffoons and entertaining tapdancers. Even had Sasha dancing after getting majorly over with that Rich Swann shyt. Lashley, Shelton, Ron Simmons, and Rocky. Only nyggas that came off serious on WWE TV.

Think about it..all these nyggas as presented as dancing clowns but Randy Orton is this wannabe mix of Austin and Jake Roberts. Dude looks like a tall sissy with glossed lips and he's threatening? Lmao! Cena is dangerous because he emulated black culture to get over and then abandoned it as SOON as he the main spot on Raw? Lol.

Alexa Bliss is doing KO punches on Bayley and Sasha even though she looks like a midget? Shes dominating Asuka, Charlotte, and Nia in most of their matches? Ragdolling Ronda? Wtf:laugh:

So I'm not shocked that Earnest Miller was a goofball. That's Black history in the WWE.

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
He was one of the most entertaining things near the end of WCW.

3-time karate champion :ufdup:

ernest_miller_arrives_360.gif

And in the WWE I'm not sure if they mentioned him being a 3 time Karate champion once :hhh::mjlol:. In WCW he was a bad ass Karate dude that would whoop you up, talk shyt, and dance on your grave cause he felt like it. In the WWE, his entire gimmick was just to be an old man that danced and it was corny as shyt. I wish he was on a podcast and detailed his arrival there.

Last edited: