Erykah Badu Goes To A High School And None Of The Kids Like Her Music

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
:comeon:

This is a ludicrous comparison because Badu still had hit singles & records just 5 -10 years ago while Dionne Warwick peak popularity career wise & music hits were in the 60's up until the early 80's
Badu will never be bigger than she was in the late 90s :francis:

Ole I critique jokes ass nikka:martin:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I disagree. Most of the older generation of adults today appreciated, revered & grew up listening to all types of R&B/Hip Hop/Soul/Disco/Pop music from an earlier period partly because we were exposed to it unlike kids/young adults now who have no real history of good/great singers & groups from the past .

Also we wouldn't have outright blatantly disrespected a famous, well known singer that came to our school to perform for us even if we didn't like their music or them personally as an entertainer.

This

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I disagree. Most of the older generation of adults today appreciated, revered & grew up listening to all types of R&B/Hip Hop/Soul/Disco/Pop music from an earlier period partly because we were exposed to it unlike kids/young adults now who have no real history of good/great singers & groups from the past .

Also we wouldn't have outright blatantly disrespected a famous, well known singer that came to our school to perform for us even if we didn't like their music or them personally as an entertainer.

I agree. Except for the current generation, every other generation was familiar with the era prior to. Us 80s babies love or at least appreciate the music our parents listened to, even up to the early 90s. after that, there's a distinct divide.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
lol @ her going to Shabazz of all schools, those kids' parents *might* have been more enthralled

love her but if she don't put out some more f-ing music:beli:

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor

Bruh, these kids now a days do not care, they're from the social media news age. They care about right now, not now. They're more attracted to the celebrity than the talent/art/craft. Heard some young teens they other day talking about "Michael Jackson's name really ain't popping like that anymore so I don't listen to him anymore" :what:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
:what:

When did liking or appreciating Baduh music become a referendum on your musical taste?

They think Baduh is :trash: and you think what they listen to is :trash:

This makes you and the kids equal as music fans

Listening to what you want to
Damn, this might be your most logical post ever:ohhh: