Ether is overrated

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
Now that im older i can finally say that Ether is not as hot as when it first came out, but at the time it shocked and suprised everyone who thought Nas was done. And that is what made people think it was more harsher than it really was. And Jay-z sobbing on the radio didn't help matters either.

this is what niccaz keep sayin... they thought ether won cuz they aint expect naS to come back... never seen such stupidity ever.

Its like me playin :aicmon: in one on one and he wins like 32 to 2, and niccaz walk away talmbout I won because niccaz aint expect me to score but I did... its dumb shyt niccaz :jawalrus:

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Some of the insults were funny at the time but with age are just:

39-Jay-Z-Ehhh.gif

But Nas came with facts as well namely Jay-Z's habit of using Big's lines.

In 88 you was getting chased through your building
Calling my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers
All I did was gave you a style for you to run with
Smiling in my face, glad to break bread with the god
Wearing Jaz chains, no Tecs, no cash, no cars
No jail bars Jigga, no pies, no case

Just Hawaiian shirts, hanging with little Chase

Nas points out that Jay-Z was also narrating :duck: on his records and claims Jay-Z lied about the tec on tour with Large Professor.

And your man stabbed Un and made you take the blame

How much of Biggie's rhymes is gonna come out your fat lips

Ether had more substance than a lot of you guys claim.

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
:wtf:

I still whip your ass, you thirty-six in a karate class:childplease:
You Tae-bo hoe, tryna' work it out, you tryna' get brolic?

jayz_2.jpg

Ask me if I'm tryna' kick knowledge
nas-the-don1.jpg

Nah, I'm tryna' kick the shyt you need to learn though
That .....

ether_black_large.jpg

Constantine

Et in Arcadia ego...
Daps
Reppin
The "BUCKEYE" Nation
Each verse gets progressively more vicious than the first :huhldup:
"It's vulgar" Jay Z quote :scusthov:
I can't believe its 2013, and people still making these threads. Its like I've traveled back in time to 2005 on SOHH.com:snoop:

Chief

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jozi
People are still posting in this thread after i stated twice that it is just a :troll: thread to prove a point :snoop:

blackslash

Superstar
Daps
Lets all look at something

Ether's lines lose its power in hindsight due to Jay's life now

But Takeover still remains true even in hindsight as u look at Nas' career

So yes I will always say Ether was overrated because of the position Nas was placed in at the time(the underdog position)..thats jus wat I think :manny:

Like callin nikka Tae bo ho or old or his team cocka fella has more substance than a man literally breaking down ur career and breakin down how much u was failin as an MC :rudy:

Freestyle Phantom3.0

Habitual Line Stepper
Daps
I actually used to think the same thing when I first heard it. Takeover just seemed more personal. But thats the point its that shyt that makes your soul burn SLOWWWWW :ahh:

Rufus Dufus

All Star
Daps
Listen to how hurt Jay sounds.

"Did I.......Did I......um....Did I warrant that?" (2:27):laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Only thing wack about Ether is the beat.
Lyrically a diss song is supposed to be "childish", not serious.
Viscous jokes, which Ether contained in excess almost is what makes diss tracks dope.

nikkas looking like Larry Holmes Flabby and Sick, is 10 times better than any line about bombing or stealing styles on Hit'em Up as far as dissing goes.

Facts was about the tec, what he did to/with Carmen, Nas not living it and seeing his mans and creative a fictional persona (Nas is a narrator though, a dope one at that), Nas getting fukked by labels (Jay too by Payday) and almost everything about Mobb.

Nas was a street cat...he may have exaggerated at times through poetic license, but he certainly didnt create a fictional persona. Get real....now about facts::ufdup:

Jay is ugly
Jay has whiskers like a rat
Jay bit the hell out of BIG (further exposed by Camron) in order to establish himself, all they way to mimicking big/puff w/ dame
KRS had already made an album called blueprint
jay switched his style up to a more nas type flow once Nas blew up. He did used to rap like the Fu Schnickens
Jay used establish artists bigger than he (jaz o, Kane) to get put on, then discarded them once he didnt need them
The white boy murdered him on renegade
He prolly did put his face in fox's puss
Jay never denied callin Nas in 88...lol

And thats just off the top of my head. Stop stanley. The war is over. The victor has been decided.

blackslash

Superstar
Daps
Nas was a street cat...he may have exaggerated at times through poetic license, but he certainly didnt create a fictional persona. Get real....now about facts::ufdup:

Jay is ugly
Jay has whiskers like a rat
Jay bit the hell out of BIG in order to establish himself (further exposed by Camron)
KRS had already made an album called blueprint
jay switched his style up to a more nas type flow once Naw blew up. He did used to rap like the Fu Schnickens
Jay used establish artists bigger than he (jaz o, Kane) to get put on, then discarded them once he didnt need them
The white boy murdered him on renegade
He prolly did put her face in fox's puss

And thats just off the top of my head. Stop stanley. The war is over. The victor has been decided.

The victor of the war or battle? :mjpls:

The war goes to Hov
The underdog battle goes to Nas

Hov has won :ahh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the term Ether(ed) is now a term entrenched into the hip hop culture and will forever be remembered as such so do we really have to go on about what hit harder all this time later:sitdown:.......why do people try to re-write history?

BlackZilla

M0derator
Daps
Nas was right about Ether, It really burns slow.

Camel stans still trying to re-write history :russ:

Nothing but Vaginas for hearts.

blackslash

Superstar
Daps
Its crazy how these Nas stans like to use the impact argument when it favors Mr. L King but when it dooesnt they wanna discard the impact argument

Double standard ass Underdog stans make me sick :scusthov: