Ethiopian/Eritrean/Habesha Women Appreciation Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
would explain why a lot look straight up Indian:mjpls:

have u been to ethiopia or somalia? "a lot" lookin straight up indian is simply inaccurate. the vast majority look like this family.

the small number of east africans with phenotypes that look "straight up indians" are actually descended from indians that were absorbed into tribes along the coast. you see the same thing in coastal cities like zanzibar.

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
have u been to ethiopia or somalia? "a lot" lookin straight up indian is simply inaccurate. the vast majority look like this family.

the small number of east africans with phenotypes that look "straight up indians" are actually descended from indians that were absorbed into tribes along the coast. you see the same thing in coastal cities like zanzibar.
brown skin and straight hair is a default Indian look a lot of east africans have both so they appear indian :yeshrug:

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World

It depends on the region. In adis ababa and smcentral to lower Ethiopia, they look like that. But it habesha lands such as tigrai and parts of Amhara, they look like this thread. Anyway that family looks mixed between cushytes and habesha

Daps
Reppin
NULL
brown skin and straight hair is a default Indian look a lot of east africans have both so they appear indian :yeshrug:

no such thing. most east africans (I'd say upwards of 80%) have kinky hair. their kinks are not as tightly curled and coarse as west africans but still kinky. the rest have the type of curls you find in mulattos (which makes sense since large tribes like the Habesha have a history of mixing with Arabs). Straight hair is EXTREMELY rare. I really don't know where you got this idea. You've been misled breh. don't let the c00ns who try and project the myth that africans have diverse phenotypes fool you. kinky hair and dark skin are truly universal black phenotypes you find in africa. light skin and straight hair are ANOMALIES usually the result of mixing with non-Africans. ain't no such thing as a natural african with straight hair.

the oromo are the largest tribe in East Africa (they number at over 40 million) and they almost all look like this.

don't let the c00ns fool you. straight hair is as rare in east africa as it is in west africa. most east africans got kinky hair like all other black folks.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It depends on the region. In adis ababa and smcentral to lower Ethiopia, they look like that. But it habesha lands such as tigrai and parts of Amhara, they look like this thread. Anyway that family looks mixed between cushytes and habesha

exactly. that one family shows you the range of phenotypes you find in MOST ethiopians. phenotypes outside that family are usually a minority.

1stPick

Banned
Daps
no such thing. most east africans (I'd say upwards of 80%) have kinky hair. their kinks are not as tightly curled and coarse as west africans but still kinky. the rest have the type of curls you find in mulattos (which makes sense since large tribes like the Habesha have a history of mixing with Arabs). Straight hair is EXTREMELY rare. I really don't know where you got this idea. You've been misled breh. don't let the c00ns who try and project the myth that africans have diverse phenotypes fool you. kinky hair and dark skin are truly universal black phenotypes you find in africa. light skin and straight hair are ANOMALIES usually the result of mixing with non-Africans. ain't no such thing as a natural african with straight hair.

the oromo are the largest tribe in East Africa (they number at over 40 million) and they almost all look like this.

don't let the c00ns fool you. straight hair is as rare in east africa as it is in west africa. most east africans got kinky hair like all other black folks.

So talking about how Africa is the most genetically diverse continent on the planet makes you a c00n now? :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
exactly. that one family shows you the range of phenotypes you find in MOST ethiopians. phenotypes outside that family are usually a minority.

That oromo family probably lives in central Ethiopia.
Most Oromo people in central Ethiopia are mixed between the lowland cushytes who migrated to the central highlands 400 years ago and the habesha who were the original inhabitants. The same could be said about the Amharas who lived in central Ethiopia. Theres been alot of mixing in these highland-lowland boundaries as a result of love and also attempts of assimilating ethnic groups to the dominant Ethnic group of the time. So you will see habesha people people in these areas who may look like cushytes and cushytes/oromo who may look a bit like habesha. I mean heck most Amhara leaders in the 20th century including haile selassie had siginificant Oromo blood.Generally, the more north you go, the more homogenous the habesha phenotype becomes. The more south you go, the more homogenous the cushytic people phenotype become. Anyways most of habeshas have a caramel to bronze skin colour. This thread shouldnt be taken at face value. And the habesha have become a large minority so yes, you could say a majority of Ethiopians are brown skinned cushytes. You have to also take account hair care practices, most habeshas have jew fros like this chick

GdJXaB1.jpg

While cushytic people are a bit wierd. Ive seen pure cushytic somalis, afar and oromos with coarse hair but also silky/curly hair
IZhZJ.jpg

15i7wra.jpg

images

f8Owuh4.jpg

3HtFb9Q.jpg

AfarmeninDanakilethiopia.png

images

c047081b24de8470faa9ca71ec221bfc.jpg

Abdullahi-Yusuf-Ahmed2.jpg

images

2915106834_a8f1b9e1e7.jpg

Pkprwks.jpg

scaled.php

1zydemh.jpg

MenduringGadaceremonyinKarrayyutribe-Ethiopia.jpg

Knaan.jpg

381376_267713143366177_1216753986_n.jpg

The oromo music video pretty much shows the different looks of oromo people.
The women dancers and the main girl came from tribes that were heavily mixed with the habeshas or were previously habesha but assimilated to the oromo identity, while the male dancers came from cushytic tribes that didnt have contact with the habeshas.

All in all, Ethiopia is one diverse as fukk country but the cushytes were the original race i think

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All in all, Ethiopia is one diverse as fukk country but the cushytes were the original race i think

Yes. because it is at the intersection of africa and asia. and yes the cushytes were the original occupants of the horn. my only point of contention is that the original cushytic population was HOMOGENOUS and that the diversity we see today is the result of non-African admixture. now we can argue about what features that original cushytic population had. I personally think they resembled how the majority of cushytic peoples look today. That means dark skin and kinky curled hair.

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Yes. because it is at the intersection of africa and asia. and yes the cushytes were the original occupants of the horn. my only point of contention is that the original cushytic population was HOMOGENOUS and that the diversity we see today is the result of non-African admixture. now we can argue about what features that original cushytic population had. I personally think they resembled how the majority of cushytic peoples look today. That means dark skin and kinky curled hair.
Theres no such think as homogeneity in a land mass as big as the horn of Africa. All i know is, even within the cushytic sub race, theres a diversity of hair textures. The cushytics are apart of the Afro Asiatic spectrum beit more ancient that the habeshas.

Last edited: