Ever dealt with a young people or anyone on drugs for that matter?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Maybe it's because the way i was raised but i never really sympathized with drug addicts/users. I always looked at them as people who have money to waste and i couldnt relate to their first word problems. Some cultures demonize drug use, even weed.

So I have this chick ive known for a while, now. Met her overseas but she lives in NY so we a She's about... 35 or 36 now and has an 18 y/o son. Granted, he's really her nephew but she adopted him when he was 6 after his mom (her half sister) passed away.

ANyway so the boy graduated HS this past year and suddenly started fukking around with all kinds of drugs (pills and sh!t) to that make him act erratic at times. She's been working on getting him into these rehab programs and he's managed to get himself kicked out of 2 of them (that i know of) so far. Im telling her she cant help him if he doesnt wanna help himself.

They live in NY but the last rehab program he was in was in GA and after he managed to get himself thrown out of it she came down to pick him up and asked to crash at my spot for a day while she was in town. I'm looking at the kid like .. he seems like a normal kid and all but a but erratic at times. Way too goofy all the sudden (i'd met him before when he was 12). All the sudden my friend is having to hide all the liquor in my house and sh!t (remember i had a party last weekend and had all this leftover alcohol all over the house).

So last night she came over after picking up homeboy so he and I sitting there watching the game together and listening to him talk is like :dahell:. I that can also be the lack of positive male role models thing in his life.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
It varies. Some people are undiagnosed mentally ill and don't know what to do with themselves so self medicate.

Others are simply dumb and spoiled.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
It varies. Some people are undiagnosed mentally ill and don't know what to do with themselves so self medicate.

Others are simply dumb and spoiled.
I' was wondering about this too but she said she had him evaluated for mental issues. Doubt she would have spent all this money on rehab without trying that first anyway

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Yeah I'm usually on drugs when I deal with people. Even young people idgaf
All people arent built the same. Some are more prone to get addicted than others. Same drug may have different effect on different people. Well not different effect but the intensity may vary.

I personally never tried any illegal drugs until just a few years ago. I believe i was 33 or 34. That night a few friends got me to try weed for the first time. It was cool but smoking is just not my thing. I hate smoke, period. So the few other times ive tried it was via weed edibles (brownies, candies). I took it, had a good time and put it away because i cant be productive when high and you cant just sleep it off quickly like alcohol. Had some for the first time in about 2 years just a week ago or so. shyt lit me up like a christmas tree.