everything u need to learn about flow in rap in terms of rap

pointproven214

i speak facts not emotions
Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
Rap1.PNG

Rap is pretty much based around groups of 4. Here you see a basic drum pattern with the kick, snare, kick, snare.

The rhyming words in a rap normally fall on beat 4 (the second snare)

pointproven214

Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
A bar is a musical measure, not a line. 4 beats "a.k.a" bob your head 4 times = 1 bar.*

A guideline to flowing words over a bar is by is counting syllables. In 1 bar (4 beats), you can fit:

4 syllables (a note or beat) = slow flow

8 syllables (half note) = faster but hippy hoppy like a nursery rhyme, Biggie likes to rap like this

16 syllables (16th note) = *closest to regular speech speed, most rappers sit at this tempo

32 syllables (32nd note) = very fast, almost impossible to hear or understand on faster songs, busta rhymes and tech n9ne like to rap in that zone.

The rule is often to put your "rhyme" word or syllable(s) at the end of the bar (4th beat), You can sketch a unique flow by mixing halfs, 16ths and 32nd syllable notes sporadically in bars. Mastering that craft will allow you to create an authentic pattern flow that still sounds good to the ear and gives you identity. *

pointproven214

Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
In poetry, metre (meter in US spelling) is the basic rhythmic structure of a verse or lines in verse. Many traditional verse forms prescribe a specific verse metre, or a certain set of metres alternating in a particular order. The study and the actual use of metres and forms of versification are both known as prosody. (Within linguistics, "prosody" is used in a more general sense that includes not only poetic metre but also the rhythmic aspects of prose, whether formal or informal, that vary from language to language, and sometimes between poetic traditions.)

Metre (poetry) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia