Ex-NYPD cop who assaulted D.C. officer on Jan. 6 gets record-setting 10-year sentence

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Sept. 1, 2022, 4:13 PM EDT / Updated Sept. 1, 2022, 4:20 PM EDT
By Ryan J. Reilly
WASHINGTON — A retired New York City Police Department officer who was convicted of several felonies for attacking a D.C. cop with a flag pole on Jan. 6 and then tackling the officer to the ground and attempting to rip off his gas mask was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison on Thursday.
Thomas Webster was sentenced by Judge Amit P. Mehta to the longest sentence yet in a Jan. 6 case.

Webster, 56, was convicted by a jury in May after they determined he was lying on the stand when he tried to convince them he was trying to help the officer he assaulted to "see my hands" when he grabbed the officer's gas mask after he tackled him to the ground.
According to a DOJ court filing, Thomas Webster appears to assault a federal officer with a deadly weapon outside the U.S. Capitol on Jan 6, 2021.
According to a DOJ court filing, Thomas Webster appears to assault a federal officer with a deadly weapon outside the U.S. Capitol on Jan 6, 2021.Department of Justice
No one should be “gleeful” that Webster was facing 17.5 years in federal prison, Mehta said Thursday.
"What you did that day, it is hard to really put into words," Mehta told Webster. "I still remain shocked every single time I see [video of the attack]."
Mehta said Webster was "the first aggressor" in his confrontation with the D.C. police officer, and "all hell broke loose" on the police line when Webster showed up at that part of the police line.
"Nothing can explain or justify Mr. Webster's rage," Assistant U.S. Attorney Hava Arin Levenson Mirell told the judge. "Webster is one of the rioters who should have known better."
“No one knows better than a former cop how dangerous it was on Jan. 6,” the federal prosecutor said, saying that Webster's service made his behavior “particularly heinous.”
Ex-NYPD cop who assaulted D.C. officer on Jan. 6 gets record-setting 10-year sentence

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Why not the original 17.5 years?
The Feds asked for 17.5 years. Judge gave him 10. Prosecutors tend to ask for higher sentences and the judges tend to dish out sentences short of what prosecutors ask for.

Don't inmates like to beat up former cops in prison? He going to be begging for protective custody all the time if thats the case.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Why not the original 17.5 years?
Cacs get caught on tape violating during seditious activity and still don't get the max :aicmon:. Errbody Involved in this shyt should get 10 off top for being a part in this. And then add them extra assault charges, plus add a lil extra 5 years for being a former officer. He should be getting 20-25.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Back in the day and currently in a lot of other countries, treason or trying to overthrow the government result in death. He should get that.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
The picture of him gouging the cops eyes out is hilarious. He got so carried away with anarchy that he really attacked a cop—I think these crehs really thought Donald was going to have their backs and thank them for what they did. I know he’s feeling beyond dumb as hell.