Failed the Security+ Exam by 2 damn questions...

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
So...on my test I got a 730 (need 750 to pass) Instructor tells me I missed it by 2 fukkin questions... And I i know which two it was too.
The first one was a goddamned simulation that took me 30 minutes and I had no idea what the fukk they were asking or talking about....some log review bullshyt and drag the appropriate terms to the proper server to mitigate the issue at that machine.
I know I got that one wrong...
But that fukkin question ate up so much time that I didn't have time to finish the last question on the test.
I'm so fukkin mad right now...sooooo fukkin mad.

(Previously)
So... I studied using the Darrill Gibson book and the CompTia certified Instructor-Led Class. I worked on the practice exams on the CompTia site and in class until I was able to get 96% of the questions right on both!
That's two different versions of the practice exams!!

I would look up the questions and understand the answers before moving on and not just memorizing the questions.

Well, today was the day of the test and it was a total fukking bait and switch.

The system for taking the test was horrible IMHO. Plus, the whole "simulation testing" bullshyt wasn't really anywhere to be found in any of their study guide / testing materials or in the goddamned class!

So how the fukk can I be expected to pass something that I didn't study for!?!?!?

If you are studying for this thing now, do NOT take it lightly.
It's a complete setup and you're fukked if you just learn the terms and reasons behind the terms.
If you don't find some example "SIMULATION" questions to take or study you will NOT PASS THIS TEST!
Just learning the acronyms, methods, ports, protocols, definitions and all of their meanings will not get you a passing score on this test.
The study course tested for education....the final test is on situations.
And the situations aren't anything that you previously learned in the class or read in the study books. It's like studying the definition and methodology for "Network Protocols"...then being tested on "Network Protocol Application and Theory".
These motherfukkers are total cash-grabbers.
My damn job spent $5K to send me to this week-long course only to have mostly everything I learned invalidated by some goddamned bullshyt jeopardy type questions/simulations.

This test is not hard...educationally...but it IS complete fukkin trickery...and you won't win because of that!

So now I've got to go tell my wife I just blew $322 dollars on this fukkin bullshyt test...
fukk me.
:stopitslime::wow::snoop::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::sadbron:

fukk YOU COMPTIA!!!!

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
I'm not dropping another $300+ dollars on their bullshyt.
I'm already gotta hear my wife flip out later about the money I JUST wasted this morning failing this fukkin rigged test.

TheVMNoob said:
TheVMNoob 1 point 5 months ago

I read through 3 books and did every practice test and flash card resource that I could find before taking the test. I passed but it was only because I have an IT degree that focused on information security. None of the practice questions that I came across were anything like the actual test. If these companies are going to sell their their books and practice tests for $100 then it should be somewhat like the test. I can't recommend anything that I used to study for the test because it was all not really helpful.

So many people complained about this bullshyt.
If only I'd looked it up when I was studying...

EDIT: Just found out that the job is making this cert a requirement for employment within the next year.
Guess I have a year to get this shyt done or i'm out of a job.
:wow::mjcry:

Last edited:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
On another note I read the first chapter of Cloud+ from comptia.

It says the Data Center that resides inside the company's office, usually HQ, that connects to the outside world... that layer of the data center is a private cloud.

I was like WTFFFFF......

that's not a private cloud.....
There's no frigging cloud provider and this layer existed 2 decades before Cloud.

I can't believe...

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
fukkkkkkkk, im set to take the security+ exam in a couple of weeks :sadcam::sadcam::sadcam:

i knew what ive been studying is on some bullshyt.

OP thanks for this thread.

If you are going to pass this, I cannot emphasize this enough, you NEED to find "SIMULATION" questions.
Because none of the questions on the actual test are anything like what the practice tests are like.
Every question on that goddamned evil fukking exam was some situational theoretical bullshyt.

I swear, this whole fukking thing is a scam.

Studying for this test was like reading a dictionary...they presented it simple and easy.
Taking the test was like trying to understand fukking high hippies...impossible and fukking confusing.

I haven't felt this depressed in fukking years.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
I feel for ya man.

Glad I got my A+ before they rolled out the expire every 3 years BS. But yea, 3-400 dollars per test, gotta be a scam.

Yep, it's a scam. fukking teacher had the nerve to tell me that I have to take a fukkin course a year to keep my certification active.
fukk that...I'm so out this computer/IT bullshyt industry. I'll go back to making 50k a year doing medical supply.
Everythings a fukking scam nowadays...I thought for sure I wouldn't have to deal with that shyt at my job, now they make this bullshyt an employment requirement.

fukking employer just plugged us into the fukking matrix.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Yep, it's a scam. fukking teacher had the nerve to tell me that I have to take a fukkin course a year to keep my certification active.
fukk that...I'm so out this computer/IT bullshyt industry. I'll go back to making 50k a year doing medical supply.
Everythings a fukking scam nowadays...I thought for sure I wouldn't have to deal with that shyt at my job, now they make this bullshyt an employment requirement.

fukking employer just plugged us into the fukking matrix.
Damn bro, you're really fukkn tight. I mean, it was just 300 dollars.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Damn bro, you're really fukkn tight. I mean, it was just 300 dollars.

Look.
I don't have 300 dollars to throw away because some cash-grabbing liar decided to send the whole platoon down the river without a fukkin boat by not telling us what was REALLY gonna be on the test because he gets a cut of every test registration.
If I wasn't gonna get ucmj'd up the ass I'd have knocked that fukker one in the jaw for being a scam artist.
I earned that money and I earned being briefed correctly and truthfully about that goddamned test that I paid for!

Like I said earlier, I'm trying to do this bullshyt the right way. If I wasn't gonna do it the legal way I could have just bought a goddamned cert on the darkweb and been done with this shyt. I don't do fukking tests.
Not fukking emissions
Not fukking dating
Not fukking friendships
Not fukking anything.
If you test me, I'm coming for you.
Gang rules apply.

So for this con-artist guy to fukk us all up and then tell us to come back and take the test again "Now that we know what the test is like" is asking for some trouble. I'm wondering why the Army isn't eyeing this fool for stealing $5k for every one of us that took the course when he knew that what he taught us wouldn't get us to pass the test.
Maybe I oughta bring that up to my command...

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Alright brehs...
Went back and killed it.

TRGrPOS.jpg

plushcarpet

Superstar
Daps
I'm not dropping another $300+ dollars on their bullshyt.
I'm already gotta hear my wife flip out later about the money I JUST wasted this morning failing this fukkin rigged test.

So many people complained about this bullshyt.
If only I'd looked it up when I was studying...

EDIT: Just found out that the job is making this cert a requirement for employment within the next year.
Guess I have a year to get this shyt done or i'm out of a job.
:wow::mjcry:
sure its a scam, but unless you're planning a full blown revolution then you're just going to get left behind if you don't pass the test :yeshrug:

gotta play their games breh