FAMU ‘pauses’ $237M donation amid scrutiny; School to audit major gift process

North of Death

All Star
Daps

STX5WJH5PFBVPD7NZXAY2MLZHE.jpg

FAMU ‘pauses’ $237M donation amid scrutiny; School to audit major gift process​

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) - The president of Florida A&M University announced Thursday that the school is putting a “pause” on a historic $237 million donation the Rattlers received over the weekend.

The news comes after days of controversy over the gift.

FAMU announced the donation with a super-sized check during a jam-packed commencement ceremony on Saturday. But the school’s tone toward the funding swiftly changed this week after FAMU Board of Trustees Vice Chair Deveron Gibbons asked FAMU President Larry Robinson and Board Chair Kristin Harper to organize a public meeting in the interest of transparency.

“The recently announced donation would truly be transformative for Florida A&M University, an institution that is helping to shape the next generation of leaders,” FAMU Vice Chair Deveron Gibbons wrote in a statement shared Tuesday. “However, the reality is that little has been shared regarding the nature of the donation.”

@mcellas @Lucky_Lefty @Black FAMU/Tallahassee Brehs tap in

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
How bad do the terms of the donation have to be in order for them to turn down that much money?
I didn't get enough information from the article to understand why this is bad.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Oh wow. This money was supposed to have come from that Gerami dude? The same guy that pulled that rubbish with Coastal Carolina on a 95 million dollar donation (I was reading that thread earlier today). Yeah, he doesn’t have 237 million. It looks like FAM’s board is now realizing the chicanery. I think someone will be fired over this and FAMU will have to live with some short-term embarrassment.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Oh wow. This money was supposed to have come from that Gerami dude? The same guy that pulled that rubbish with Coastal Carolina on a 95 million dollar donation (I was reading that thread earlier today). Yeah, he doesn’t have 273 million. It looks like FAM’s board is now realizing the chicanery. I think someone will be fired over this and FAMU will have to live with some short-term embarrassment.
Thanks for explaining.

North of Death

All Star
Daps
Oh wow. This money was supposed to have come from that Gerami dude? The same guy that pulled that rubbish with Coastal Carolina on a 95 million dollar donation (I was reading that thread earlier today). Yeah, he doesn’t have 237 million. It looks like FAM’s board is now realizing the chicanery. I think someone will be fired over this and FAMU will have to live with some short-term embarrassment.

They made the sista take the fall smh

Florida A&M VP Shawnta Friday-Stroud resigns amid crisis over controversial donation​

31d24cb5-8968-4191-9b21-28b54beaa3b3-Friday_Stroud_headshot.jpg

Shawnta Friday-Stroud — Florida A&M University’s vice president for University Advancement and executive director of the FAMU Foundation — has resigned from her vice president role amid the controversy around a dubious $237 million donation that has rocked the campus and its alumni.

FAMU President Larry Robinson publicly announced her resignation during a virtual Board of Trustees special meeting Wednesday afternoon that was scheduled to discuss the multi-million-dollar, 10-year gift. She will, however, remain dean of the university's School of Business & Industry.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps

They made the sista take the fall smh

Florida A&M VP Shawnta Friday-Stroud resigns amid crisis over controversial donation​

31d24cb5-8968-4191-9b21-28b54beaa3b3-Friday_Stroud_headshot.jpg

So she kept her real job as the dean of the college. :beli:

She probably had dirt on everybody so if she got all the way ousted she’d have sued.

Pathetic.