Fanny Lye Deliver'd - Kubrickian folk-horror shot on 35mm (dig. release June 26)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
There is absolutely nothing horror about that trailer but I'm in I suppose

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
There is absolutely nothing horror about that trailer but I'm in I suppose
It's not horror horror. :manny:

Calling it folk horror might give the wrong impression perhaps although quite a few use it to describe the film.

I think the plot could best be described as a home invasion thriller in vein of A Clockwork Orange's third act but with the aesthetics of Barry Lyndon and themes relating to the breakdown of patriarchic and religious oppression.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Funny that you asked about it today @FlyRy, they actually released a new trailer today.

Not much new footage but edited a lot tighter than the one in the OP.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
@FlyRy in anticipation of the official release on American streaming services next week they made sure to dumb down the title and the poster for you peasant folk. :hhh:

cHAVeuB.jpg

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Downloaded this. The movie with the worst collection of posters of all time.

No wonder no one but @TheGodling knows about it
The poster shyt is weird to me too. Everything about the film is so deliberate, from it being shot on 35mm and building the entire farm as a shooting location, to the use of period accurate language and a soundtrack utilizing instruments from that time

And then there are these insanely ugly marketing posters that match none of that. :scust: