Fans of Dom Kennedy, Ab-Soul, Buddy, etc.. Check out Warm Brew

Daps

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I kinda fukked with Warm Brew around 2010 and I've been keepin' up but nothing they've made in a while has really stood out to me.

It just seems like... background music.

I just checked my iTunes and I've got 7 projects by them but couldn't name one song by name off the top of my head :cookwelp:

EDIT: Can't front, though. Just played A1day1 and The Mission from the YouTube links and maybe I need to go back and give them a few more spins.

Daps
I kinda fukked with Warm Brew around 2010 and I've been keepin' up but nothing they've made in a while has really stood out to me.

It just seems like... background music.

I just checked my iTunes and I've got 7 projects by them but couldn't name one song by name off the top of my head :cookwelp:

EDIT: Can't front, though. Just played A1day1 and The Mission from the YouTube links and maybe I need to go back and give them a few more spins.
as i said in the OP- i recently discovered them.. was listening to Dom, and it came across my playlist outta nowhere..

speaking of Dom.. imma need that new Half-A-Mil..

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
as i said in the OP- i recently discovered them.. was listening to Dom, and it came across my playlist outta nowhere..

speaking of Dom.. imma need that new Half-A-Mil..

I'm one of them ones who gave up on Dom about 3 projects ago :russ:

I don't know... something about these laid back West Coast cats. Mostly good production. Sometimes great production. But they don't make memorable songs.

Just rider music, but when you're not riding you don't think about them. Dom, Brew, Larry June, Chase N Cashe (even though I'm sure he's not from LA but his music had a real West feel) etc.

I always end up liking the producers more and following them more than the artists. Cookin' Soul, Swiff D, DJ Khalil, Mike & Keys etc.

Maybe I'll give Half-a-Mil a shot.

Daps
I'm one of them ones who gave up on Dom about 3 projects ago :russ:

I don't know... something about these laid back West Coast cats. Mostly good production. Sometimes great production. But they don't make memorable songs.

Just rider music, but when you're not riding you don't think about them. Dom, Brew, Larry June, Chase N Cashe (even though I'm sure he's not from LA but his music had a real West feel) etc.

I always end up liking the producers more and following them more than the artists. Cookin' Soul, Swiff D, DJ Khalil, Mike & Keys etc.

Maybe I'll give Half-a-Mil a shot.

Daps
i saw them on Doms tour. I dont really get the ab-soul comparison but your ears are your ears lol. idk about them, they dont seem to stand out from each other, maybe it was the way they performed...all shouting parts of the lyrics together. I will probably give them a fair share of spins to support Dom tho lol :yeshrug:

KingsOfKings

π”»π•£π•–π•’π•ž π•„π•–π•£π•”π•™π•’π•Ÿπ•₯
Daps