Fantasia, 38, Announces She's Enrolled at Central State University to Study Business

nassaunew

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fantasia Barrino's Family Inspired Her Return to School: 'I Want to Break Generational Curses' (Exclusive)

"You can always get back and go after it again, and that's what I am doing," the singer says about studying at Central State University while celebrating her appearance on E!'s Celebrity Prank Wars

By Topher Gauk-Roger

Published on April 13, 2023 12:00 PM

Fantasia Barrino is determined to set the best example for her three children. The singer and actress cites her family as the inspiration for her recent return to school to study business.

"I'm a businesswoman now and I desire to continue to sharpen my sword and better my craft," Barrino, 38, tells PEOPLE about enrolling at Central State University. "I want to break generational curses. When it comes to my family, my girls, my children, I want to show them that no matter what she's been through, you can always get back and go after it again, and that's what I am doing."

The American Idol alum dropped out of high school as a teenager before eventually receiving her GED in 2010. And now the honorary Sigma Gamma Rho sorority sister hopes to motivate others to keep working toward their goals.

"I want to be the example, I want to use my platform, my social media, to show people — men, women, Black, white, young, old — that if you have a dream, it doesn't have to have a timeline," she explains. "It doesn't have to look a certain way and, in fact, looks better when it has a bunch of bruises and scars because that means you fought for it."

"My grandmother used to tell me anything worth having is worth fighting for and I want other people to see that if you just stay in the ring, you'll get to where you're going," she adds.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
The only update I want from fantasia is that she finally took the onlyfans plunge

The world deserves to see her throat action in quad hd:whew: