Favorite track off Nas'-"The Lost Tapes"(Poll & Discussion)

Favorite track off The Lost Tapes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deucage

"Who's the best: Pac, Nas and Big?"
Daps
Reppin
Th...th...th..th...th...The Coli.com
A continuation of my "Favorite track off a Classic or Great album threads. Yesterday I covered "Stillmatic" in which the majority voted for "You're Da Man". Another solid choice by The Coli. Today it will be Nas' certified classic,"The Lost Tapes". An album compiled of tracks recorded from 1998-2001 that were supposed to make it to the albums "I Am" and "Stillmatic" but couldn't because of bootlegging. Upon its release TLT received acclaim from Critics and Fans with some claiming TLT is the true Stillmatic and some considering his best work since Illmatic. There's a reason people clamor for The Lost Tapes 2...... Where it at Nas:to:. My favorite track would have to be Black Zombie. An impassioned, self-reflective critique of problems affecting the African-American community including prejudice, economic insolvency & dependency. shyt hits me hard. What's your favorite track off this classic & if you can, explain.
aa6cb98eef090cc0b7445411e2f6ad35.600x600x1.jpg

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For me, it's "Purple". The mood, the beat, the lyrics (look at how many sons you've killed and you ain't got a cut on your face), everything. I could go on about the lyrics. There's several quotables from this song.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Something about 'Purple' get me. I think it was the first song I heard from Lost Tapes also.
I can't choose between that and 'Blaze A 50', the story telling on the track is...:ahh:

"Light it up.."
giphy.gif

"Unmarked police cars roam the streets hard, the heat is God
Somebody tell these shorties reach for the stars
Instead they tell 'em how to reach through the bars, holdin a mirror
Lookin down a tear in jail, makin weapons to kill ya.."

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
You forgot Fetus breh.
I voted No Ideas Original :wow:
He just absolutely bodied that beat :scust:
My other contenders were Doo Rags, U Gotta Love It, Blaze a 50.
I've been avoiding these threads because so far they've all been my favorite albums of all time, and I just can't pick a favorite song on something like The Infamous :mjcry:

and while I love Lost Tapes and view it as a classic, because it was a compilation of material that I had largely already heard, it's not up there for me with the other albums.
@Deucage :salute: