Federal Judge tosses Maryland’s Congressional Map for Partisan Gerrymandering

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I haven't had a chance to look at Maryland specifically but the more I was looking at other states the last few days I couldn't help but wonder do we need this much "representation"....

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Definitely a win for people who want government to do the right thing.

Now that that's on the books, they better hit the dozen red states who are FAR more gerrymandered than Maryland is.
starting with ohio
newsEngin.17315660_WEB_Ohio-congressional-districts.jpg

district 4 :picard:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Definitely a win for people who want government to do the right thing.

Now that that's on the books, they better hit the dozen red states who are FAR more gerrymandered than Maryland is.

Maybe the goal should be to get this to the Supreme Court, have them say it’s unconstitutional (and odds are higher they’ll rule against it, because it’s MD is a blue state), then have that set a precedent preventing GOP gerrymanders.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Maybe the goal should be to get this to the Supreme Court, have them say it’s unconstitutional (and odds are higher they’ll rule against it, because it’s MD is a blue state), then have that set a precedent preventing GOP gerrymanders.
that would be good. but more likely the conservative justices will say "we see what you're trying to do, y'all ain't slick. MD's gerrymandering is constitutional."

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Gerrymandering and voter suppression are the biggest threats to our democracy. It makes what Russia did look like child's play.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
The voters don't pick their representatives the representatives pick their voters.