Feds will seize the Wu tang album from Martin Shkreli

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Every other album that they've released to the public has undoubtedly been bought by pedophiles, rapists and murderers. That's the nature of the business when you release something to the public. I understand the argument the other way though.

Good point.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm coming around to the brilliance of the idea now. Like other people have been saying, no way this album would have garnered the attention it did had it been released like any other album.
Also, I don't necessarily agree that the Wu had to vet or approve the buyer of the album. Every other album that they've released to the public has undoubtedly been bought by pedophiles, rapists and murderers. That's the nature of the business when you release something to the public. I understand the argument the other way though.

Those are two separate things though. You're talking about the quality of the fan....I'm talking about them taking their music out of hands of fans completely.

You could probably count the number of multi-millionaire Wu fans on one hand....then if you narrowed down who was actually supporting them since their debut, the number might be 0. Maybe 1.

My point is, as somebody who has supported Wu since the white label of "Protect Ya Neck", it's a slap in the face to put a $2 mill price tag on their music, when that's clearly not the type of people that put them in a position to do that in the first place. To add insult to injury Cilvaringz was in RZA's ear during the whole process and he's not even in the group. It was all around a terrible idea, and it blew up in their faces almost immediately.

Fred.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Those are two separate things though. You're talking about the quality of the fan....I'm talking about them taking their music out of hands of fans completely.

You could probably count the number of multi-millionaire Wu fans on one hand....then if you narrowed down who was actually supporting them since their debut, the number might be 0. Maybe 1.

My point is, as somebody who has supported Wu since the white label of "Protect Ya Neck", it's a slap in the face to put a $2 mill price tag on their music, when that's clearly not the type of people that put them in a position to do that in the first place. To add insult to injury Cilvaringz was in RZA's ear during the whole process and he's not even in the group. It was all around a terrible idea, and it blew up in their faces almost immediately.

Fred.
Got you. I was responding to the part of your post about "this is the exact type of person to buy this". But I agree, as a fan, of course I want to hear this album so its wack that it won't make its way to the public. But I wouldn't say its an all around terrible idea. For the reason I said before.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Got you. I was responding to the part of your post about "this is the exact type of person to buy this". But I agree, as a fan, of course I want to hear this album so its wack that it won't make its way to the public. But I wouldn't say its an all around terrible idea. For the reason I said before.

It has gained them attention but aside from the novelty of "oh, mainstream media is talking about Wu again like it's 1997"....the Wu hasn't really parlayed the attention into anything meaningful. Maybe they will.

You're right if Wu dropped "Once Upon A Time In Shaolin" the traditional way it would largely be ignored and probably sell around 40,000....but it is what it is. They had their run and it's over. Wayne was going 4x plat less than a decade ago and now he can't even get a release date. It's just the nature of the beast.

Wu is basically the rap version of The Beatles or The Rolling Stones, if their legacy ended in 2015 they still reached a level 99.99% of rappers....and hell, most musicians period....never will. Not sure what else them or the fans expect.

Fred.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Fred.
RZA wanted to sell it to a museum or something and have it on public display the idea had many angles. This guy just out up the money first. Martin can also released it he just can't resell it. I don't see again how fans lost put on an album they never knew existed. If it dropped it would be reviewed and dumped in minutes. I'm glad they build the hype. Album releases these days are anti climatic

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't see again how fans lost put on an album they never knew existed.

:dwillhuh:

Uh....what?

Fans knew about this album for years. It was supposed to be for the fans. Cilvaringz talked openly about working on it, how it was a return to the old sound, how it was meant to reward the old school Wu fans that supported the group. He played several snippets of it years ago, which is how those snippets are on the internet.

Then at the last minute he changed it up talking about selling one copy to a millionaire. As far as the museum that was meant to happen alongside selling it to a millionaire.

Fred.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
I gotta say something. Anyone excited for this album is an a$$hole, you know there's all sorts of doodoo RZA no sample beats on there. Nobody except the most devout of stans is still listening to "A Better Tomorrow"

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I gotta say something. Anyone excited for this album is an a$$hole, you know there's all sorts of doodoo RZA no sample beats on there. Nobody except the most devout of stans is still listening to "A Better Tomorrow"
Clearly you have no clue or concept of the album.
That comment got you looking like an ass

Read up on it.... Primarily produced by cilva and not RZA

El Vato

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oaktown...Bay Area

Fred.
Real talk right there. Cilvagina did produce most of that album. It's a discredit to the true fans.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All things considered, RZA's plans worked....:patrice:
635723312279660751-396503368_kobe_zps68630f0d.gif

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This post originally appeared on Business Insider.

The pharmaceutical company once led by Martin Shkreli has officially imploded.

In a filing with the SEC on Wednesday, KaloBios announced that its interim CFO and auditor both resigned, leaving the company with limited executive leadership.

Additionally, the Nasdaq informed KaloBios that its stock would be delisted. Shares of the company had been halted since Shkreli's December 17 arrest on securities-fraud charges. Shkreli was fired as CEO of KaloBios on December 17.

KaloBios shares, which in November were trading below $1, spiked to as high as $40 a share after Shkreli and his associates acquired 70 percent of the company's outstanding shares.

In addition to executive departures and a delisting of shares, Marcum LLP resigned as KaloBios' independent auditing firm, though according to the filing with the SEC, "Marcum's resignation was not due to any reason related to the Company's reporting or accounting operations, policies or procedures."

Shkreli first came into the public eye earlier this fall when presidential candidate Hillary Clinton called out the pricing practices of his company, Turing Pharmaceuticals, which raised the price of one drug by 5,000 percent. Shkreli has also resigned from the CEO role at Turing.

Shkreli's arrest last Thursday was related to fraud charges stemming from his leadership of two hedge funds and a pharmaceutical company called Retrophin, of which he served as CEO from 2012 to 2014.

And while his arrest was unrelated to the controversial drug-price increases put in place at Turing, Shkreli told The Wall Street Journal that he believes he was targeted by authorities because of these increases and because he's become an increasingly public persona over the last several months.

The Pharma Firm That Martin Shkreli’s Company Bought Is Officially Imploding

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This post originally appeared on Business Insider.

The pharmaceutical company once led by Martin Shkreli has officially imploded.

In a filing with the SEC on Wednesday, KaloBios announced that its interim CFO and auditor both resigned, leaving the company with limited executive leadership.

Additionally, the Nasdaq informed KaloBios that its stock would be delisted. Shares of the company had been halted since Shkreli's December 17 arrest on securities-fraud charges. Shkreli was fired as CEO of KaloBios on December 17.

KaloBios shares, which in November were trading below $1, spiked to as high as $40 a share after Shkreli and his associates acquired 70 percent of the company's outstanding shares.

In addition to executive departures and a delisting of shares, Marcum LLP resigned as KaloBios' independent auditing firm, though according to the filing with the SEC, "Marcum's resignation was not due to any reason related to the Company's reporting or accounting operations, policies or procedures."

Shkreli first came into the public eye earlier this fall when presidential candidate Hillary Clinton called out the pricing practices of his company, Turing Pharmaceuticals, which raised the price of one drug by 5,000 percent. Shkreli has also resigned from the CEO role at Turing.

Shkreli's arrest last Thursday was related to fraud charges stemming from his leadership of two hedge funds and a pharmaceutical company called Retrophin, of which he served as CEO from 2012 to 2014.

And while his arrest was unrelated to the controversial drug-price increases put in place at Turing, Shkreli told The Wall Street Journal that he believes he was targeted by authorities because of these increases and because he's become an increasingly public persona over the last several months.

The Pharma Firm That Martin Shkreli’s Company Bought Is Officially Imploding

fukk with Wu-Tang Clan, brehs.

Fred.