Fightful: Eminem & WWE Reach Deal for Appearance and Soundtrack

Daps
The Rap God will be in your ears this fall -- especially if you're a WWE fan.

Fightful Select reported this afternoon that WWE and recording artist-actor and overall megastar Eminem have reached a deal that will see the platinum-selling rapper contribute to the soundtrack of WWE 2K20 later this year. 2K Sports has seen the likes of Jay-Z help curate their soundtracks on the basketball end of things, and WWE 2K17 featured a soundtrack curated by P. Diddy.

Beyond soundtrack work, we're told there's also an agreement for Eminem to appear on an episode of WWE Smackdown later this year. The deal, reached today, was put together in part to promote the launch of WWE Smackdown Live on the Fox Network. WWE is also planning on having a championship belt produced for Eminem.

Eminem has been a major part of pop culture for over two decades, but this will mark his first appearance in WWE. However, several of his foes have appeared for the company -- notably Insane Clown Posse, Machine Gun Kelly, and rock band Limp Bizkit. There was a rumor that Eminem had reached a WWE deal way back in 2008, but his publicist quickly denied it.

Exclusive: Eminem And WWE Reach Deal For Appearance, Soundtrack | Fightful Wrestling

:manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I WANT IT :damn:

WHAT DO YOU WANT MARSHALL?! :damn:

I WANT IT GIVE IT TO ME! :damn:

YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT! :damn:

GIVE ME WHAT I WANT KELLY :damn:

WHAT DO YOU WANT MARSHALL?! :damn:

GIVE IT TO ME :damn:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Em's team is disputing this story

UPDATE: Not so fast…maybe. Following the report from earlier today stating that Eminem had signed a deal to work with WWE, his rep is shooting it down. Dennis Dennehy told Pro Wrestling Sheet that no deal has been signed.

The statement read, “There was a very brief, exploratory conversation that involved a third party and 2K Sports, not Eminem’s team. It has not gone beyond preliminary discussions, and any reports to the contrary are false. Right now there are no plans to further pursue it.”

Fightful amended their original story, but only to acknowledge the rep’s statement and add, “Fightful sticks by our story, and was told the deal was closed this afternoon.”

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
If true, Great move for WWE. Em moves the needle, love him or hate him.

Dude prob has no connection or fandom at all with wrestling but :yeshrug: