Fighting Games Thread

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Feels like a lot of the fighter players stopped posting very much. Let's resurrect this shyt with a new thread. Let's start with the following Qs:

- What you playin?

- what happened to soulcalibur 5?

- why are kof and skullgirls better than SFxTK? How did that happen?

- what you excited for? Persona fighter from the blazblue team? Tekken tag 2? DLC?

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Got a key for you, holla at me :jawalrus:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:yes:

I've had a hiatus from the genre, but I'm still checking for some. Didn't even try any of the new games (no SFxTekken, no SC5)... I'm honestly waiting for VF5:FS. I will more than likely cop for both consoles as well. Next game I plan on buying 1st day.

Also going to prolly cop another fighting stick or 2 just so me and my brother can play against each other offline

Can't wait.

Might cop Skullgirls since it's like 15 bucks right?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Feels like a lot of the fighter players stopped posting very much. Let's resurrect this shyt with a new thread. Let's start with the following Qs:

- What you playin?

- what happened to soulcalibur 5?

- why are kof and skullgirls better than SFxTK? How did that happen?

- what you excited for? Persona fighter from the blazblue team? Tekken tag 2? DLC?

- You already kno breh. Bout everything, but most especially Skullgirls for the time being.

- Ionno, but I wasn't huge into SC since 2 anywayz. I've always looked at the game as an in-betweener till Tekken drops or other fighters or for more casual play amongst friends since it seemed easier for most folks to play.

- Cuz capcom cares more about milking shyt than totally improving and trying too hard to make it easier on casuals by implementing come-back mechanics and other easy shyts like that input easy bullshyt that throws off real heads.

I've had a hiatus from the genre, but I'm still checking for some. Didn't even try any of the new games (no SFxTekken, no SC5)... I'm honestly waiting for VF5:FS. I will more than likely cop for both consoles as well. Next game I plan on buying 1st day.

Also going to prolly cop another fighting stick or 2 just so me and my brother can play against each other offline

Can't wait.

Yes, cop Skullgirls breh.

Strike-Wun

Lion-O Ritchie
Supporter
Daps
Get at me GT: xxStrikeWun

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom, I'll spank dat ass (half truth)

Super Street Fighter IV: AE, I'll spank dat ass (lie)

Mortal Kombat 9, I'll spank dat ass (100% truth)

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Got a key for you, holla at me :jawalrus:
I got you. Ill IM you soon
Adon on deck. SFxTimeout is ass cheeks. It and its bullshyt gems system and watered down game play.
I was having fun with the game but I don't really have much reason to play it anymore.

Can't wait.

Yeah I'm looking forward to VF5FS. Def get skullgirls. Its a no brainer.

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
I'll play SFXTK some more when the dlc characters come, but even then, I'm like, ionno if their online is still funky.

fukking game had me heated when I went online to find the sound fukked up. Then it took them over a month to fix the shyt. Glad I sold that game quick.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
3rd strike online is still hotter than all that new shyt holla at me when they bring the parry system back

:childplease: No it isn't.:sitdown:
fukking game had me heated when I went online to find the sound fukked up. Then it took them over a month to fix the shyt. Glad I sold that game quick.

Oh, the sound issue has been fixed?

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
3rd strike online is still hotter than all that new shyt holla at me when they bring the parry system back

As much as I love that game and shut on alot of other fighters
the online hasnt been the same for a while. Its all fukked with laggers and the game glitching and freezing.
Capcom dont give a fukk though. They made their money and their leaving it the way it is.

I just wish we got a hyper version so I could use 2nd impact sean again.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
got my first arcade stick when Skullgirls dropped. Playing every fighting game I have tryna get used to it. put Skullgirls on pause to get back into VF5. It's a dope game but the loading time on 360 is unbearable and part of the reason I stopped playing. Much like everything else these days, it was rushed and things like ingame movelists, a proper training mode, and various glitches are going to be patched later.

- don't play SFxT anymore cuz its too repetitive, annoying, basic, etc etc.
- can't play Marvel cuz it's impossible for me at the moment lol
- SC5's latest patch broke one of Xiba's moves so I'm off that for the time being. I really like the game though
- don't give a sh!t about Guilty Gear/Blazblue/Persona

Kodie

Pro
Daps
I wouldn't call skullgirls rushed. It was basically only 2 people working on it over the course of several years (I think the prototype engine dates back at least5 years)

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
I wouldn't call skullgirls rushed. It was basically only 2 people working on it over the course of several years (I think the prototype engine dates back at least5 years)
Matchmaking is broken (dude admitted it on srk), training mode is barebones (can't set the CPU to do anything), loading times on 360 are :birdman: were well known and to be patched later, calling Parasoul's soldiers makes the game stutter sometimes, hit boxes are visible randomly, there are no ingame movelists (just a link on the main menu to their website :dry:) to be patched in later, and some character balance issues but that's expected when the masses break it down

You don't need to defend it, they tried to stay on schedule and shyt happens. I just can't get into it too deep right now til it's where it should be.