Film Room's Top 10 Movies of 2017 - we have a winner!

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
3rd worse? I must hear the logic. ‘Splain breh
What's to explain? I think the only spider man films it is better than is asm 2 and spider man 3.

:yeshrug:

It's got terrible action,the emotional moments don't work for me,they barely touch on uncle Ben and Peters crush on that girl didn't resonate at all for me. She was basically a plot device for the vulture reveal.

There's not much meat on the bones in that film and it's got weak action to boot.

It's only better than asm 2 and spider man 3 because s3 is terrible and asm 2 is too flawed with world building that will never go anywhere.

Spider man 1 and 2 are just flat out better films top to bottom. And asm 1 has emma and Andrews chemistry as the lynch pin of that film which is far above anything in homecoming.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What's to explain? I think the only spider man films it is better than is asm 2 and spider man 3.

:yeshrug:

It's got terrible action,the emotional moments don't work for me,they barely touch on uncle Ben and Peters crush on that girl didn't resonate at all for me. She was basically a plot device for the vulture reveal.

There's not much meat on the bones in that film and it's got weak action to boot.

It's only better than asm 2 and spider man 3 because s3 is terrible and asm 2 is too flawed with world building that will never go anywhere.

Spider man 1 and 2 are just flat out better films top to bottom. And asm 1 has emma and Andrews chemistry as the lynch pin of that film which is far above anything in homecoming.

Hmmm..The action stuff I'll give you most definitely. But as far as the story and the emotional beats and characterization, it all worked for me. I didn't need Ben touched on because it's common knowledge at this point. And I do believe the writers or the director said there was more to Ben initially but they chopped it because tonally it threw the whole thing off, which I can see.

But spider-man 1 doesn't sit well with me anymore. Actually it stopped sitting well with me a couple hours after I saw it. And my nephew was watching it recently and it still didn't sit well with me lol so I can't rank it above homecoming. But yeah, I hear you. Disagree but I still hear you.

Edit: Also my distaste for spider-man 1 really just comes from the tone and me disliking Tobey. I can handle it in 2 because 2 is just a dope movie all around and such a leap forward from the first and a leap forward for the genre

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i see that Jimmy Kimmel commercial with dikk Tracy and it just dawned on me...
was that mistake with La La Land and Moonlight ever explained??
:what:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
  1. Get Out
  2. Logan
  3. I Am Not Your Negro
  4. Detroit
  5. Wonder Woman
  6. Mudbound