Film Scores

Daps
His score for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is one of the most recognizable and reused scores ever.
YO YO MA did a cover of part of Morricone's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and it was :blessed::blessed:

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
Scores that use the Lydian mode always hit :wow:

Its not until I started writing and learning to orchestrate, that I truly began to appreciate film scores, the level of detail and the idiosyncratic nature of each instrument and how they all come together is just :wow:

Zimmer is a minimalist composer, most of the time, unless the picture calls for something else,
But his orchestral pallete is just :wow: brehs.....

When I found out Williams, Superman theme was interpolating aspects of Thus Spoke Zarathustra ....:ohhh:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Atticus Ross had a dope track on Mann's last movie, "Blackhat", that I play pretty frequently, esp. traveling, looking out a plane window, is pretty perfect background.

sinistersouth

Banned
Daps
Reppin
New York City. I mean Kansas.
Quincy Jones is an underrated film composer. The Deadly Affair main theme I wish to use on a film I am writing.

Terence Blanchard score for Inside Man is crack.

John Williams is the GOAT! My favorite composition is Hedwig’s Theme from Harry Potter.

Alexandre Dasplat is no slouch.
i like Blanchard as well. i was really impressed with one specific cue from Inside Man til some know it all cracker in the youtube comment section of the video for the song pointed out it was borrowed from an early Bond film :martin: whatever

Christopher Young and John Debney are my favorites though i dont listen to any of their shyt :dwillhuh:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
a score can make a good movie classic or a bad movie good.

classic ones not withstanding (ya know the oens doen with ensembles/orchestras like john williamss stuff)

some of my favorite scores off my head are

The crow - set such an incredible vibe and i didnt even like rock music at this time. it def put you in that world

187 - trip hopped the fukk out.shyt was super classic

ghost dog - might be my front to back, favorite project rza ever produced

pretty much every tarantino movie. especially jackie brown, pulp fiction and kill bill (nancy sinatra shoot me down was legendary.. had every rapper/producer making their own versions even tho rzas is still the best)

terminator - the synth score was incredible. i sampled the tec noir scene in new album im working on. might be best one ever.

blade runner - vangelis killed it. set the trend for sci fi

requiem for a dream.

conan the barbarian - that theme... rae sampled it on immobilarity on Casablanca.. shyt was super dope

jaws of course for the BEYOND CLASSIC theme

belly - i know it was really just a soundtrack but the soul 2 soul intro was so doipe evn tho it wasnt on soundtrack for some reason.

then theres movies with no explanation needed. Halloween, Star Wars, batman, chariots of fire, raiders of lost ark, nightmare on elm street.etc

also anything by ennio morricone or john williams

Last edited:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
tumblr_mze5qnVAHO1qictjlo1_1389751937_cover.jpg

I keep coming back to this. It's the 3rd lead after Phoenix and Johansson.

But yeah, I love a good film score. Williams, Hermann, Elfman, Zimmer.

Blanchard doesn't get enough credit - he's so good.